H1 and H4 extension issues please

ij_2002

Hi,
Please help me with this situation. I am currently in my 7th year extension which expires in June 2006. My employer is applying for the 8th year extension in the coming week. I have to do the H4 extension for my wife as well. Currently the H1b processing time is 5 months behind in that case if they apply now will it be ok for me to continue after June in US or I need to leave the country? Any help or advice on this situation is helpful.
Thank you

H1 Extension Suggestion

Hi:

I'm in a situation where my H1 is going to expire and I'm filing perm. Here's the situation:

I'm filing perm in few months. By the time I get by labor approved and I-140 approved, it will be around Jan-Feb next year. Then I want to file I-485 in EB3 category. However, EB3 retrogression is many years back. My H1 expires in June 2007.

The question is, if my labor and I-104 have been approved but I have not had chance to file I-485 because of retrogression, can I still extend by H1? I have heard that you file for H1 extension only if Labor is pending or if I-485 is pending. Please suggest.

Thanks
SB

I would suggest you expedite your extension process and also for you wife's extension process by paying extra , which would not put you out of status and not cause problems later .

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in a similar situation with my H1B expired and the application for my H1B extenstion and my wifes H4 extension in process. As long as you have your receipt notice that they have recieved your application you can continue to keep working in the US.

ij_2002 said:
Hi,
Please help me with this situation. I am currently in my 7th year extension which expires in June 2006. My employer is applying for the 8th year extension in the coming week. I have to do the H4 extension for my wife as well. Currently the H1b processing time is 5 months behind in that case if they apply now will it be ok for me to continue after June in US or I need to leave the country? Any help or advice on this situation is helpful.
Thank you

I think once your PERM LC is approved you can extend your H1 by 1 year and if your I-140 is approved you can extend it by 3 years.

bsushil said:
Hi:
I'm in a situation where my H1 is going to expire and I'm filing perm. Here's the situation:

I'm filing perm in few months. By the time I get by labor approved and I-140 approved, it will be around Jan-Feb next year. Then I want to file I-485 in EB3 category. However, EB3 retrogression is many years back. My H1 expires in June 2007.

The question is, if my labor and I-104 have been approved but I have not had chance to file I-485 because of retrogression, can I still extend by H1? I have heard that you file for H1 extension only if Labor is pending or if I-485 is pending. Please suggest.

Thanks
SB

H4 extension Querry_Pls help

"I recently applied for my h1 transfer and extension using regular processing.
I need to apply for my spouse's h4 extension.
Can i use the receipt copy to apply for her h4 extension or should i
wait till i get a approval for my h1 extension.

rb what is the source ofg your information, if your labor is pendingf fgor 1 year or 140 is pending fgor 1 year or 140 is approved then you can ask for h1 extn, if perm approved, 140 is just applied, extn of h1 is not possible, if you have a source for your info, let me know