H1 after I-485 denied

Hemant Tangri

Registered Users (C)
If one was getting his GC through a particular company, and I-485 gets denied, can he get another I-485 (or H-1 and rebegin the process) through another company?

I hear that it is EXTREMELY difficult to get a \'motion to reopen/reconsider\' to override the previous decision. And also that the motion takes a long time to come to completion. If anyone has any comment on this, I would definitely appreciate it.

Thanks

please explain

why do u feel ur case is going to be denied - You have posted one message earlier but i guess have hesitated to explain why u and ur lawyer feel that ur case is going to be denied ?

People on this discussion board can only give suggestions after u explain in detail

Because I moved

That is the reason for the transfer. I do not know why the interview was requested. My lawyer does not \'feel\' anything but just want to wait for the decision. I want to know my options since I want to have a backup plan.

but address change does not matter

what does lawyer say - and what did the officer say

did he explain why he was not approving immediately ?
Have u changed jobs
Have u been out of status during ur stay in US ( Some people move from one H1 to another ) and it is visible if u check the W2\'s and find lower salary then expected

or do u mean moved means \'change of jobs\' in that case did u change jobs before or after 180 days and what about job description and job title were they same or similar