H1 6 yr expired , EAD approved, past 6 months of 485 , laid off, Do i need new H1 for another compan

rajeshpri

Registered Users (C)
If EAD is approved , and it is past 6 months of filing for I485, and then laid off, does one need a new H1 to join a new company or Is the EAD sufficient to work for new company?. The problem is 6 years on H1 has expired recently and because of this , H1 extension beyond 6 years is not possible with a new company. Is just EAD sufficient in this case to work for the new company?
THANKS

No Title

Not necessary. You can work on EAD itself with any other employer. Otherwise what is the point in applying for EAD and getting it renewed.
However the catch is you must be working in the same area in which your LC was approved. However this is not a legal advice. Pl consult your attorney.
Hope this helps.

Nope!

Smply use your EAD to look for another job. The EAD is equivalent to a temporary GC when it come to hiring. As long as you don\'t come up for adjustment of status before you find a new job in a similar line, and/or your previous employer doesn\'t stop your GC processing, you\'re OK.

What about the dependent (spouse) beneficiary

You mentioned about working in the same area in which your LC was approved. What about a person, whose EAD was approved based on his/her spouses (primary) 485, like my spouse just received her EAD as dependent (had no Labor certification)?
Thank you.