H1 6 year & 245 (i)

remote_user

Registered Users (C)
EB3/PD Jun 1998/LC+140 apporved, waiting for PDs to be current. H1 6 year expires on 31st March. Does 245 (i) help us in any way. Thanks for all your inputs.

No Title

EB3/PD Jun 1998/LC+140 apporved, waiting for PDs to be current. H1 6 year expires on 31st March. Does 245 (i) help us in any way. Thanks for all your inputs.

No Title

Yes you can apply for H1 extension (7th year).

I am also in the same boat. Mine is expiring in April 2001 (6 yrs).
I applied for H1 extension based on new law, for 1 year extension.
Eb3 PD: Oct 99 LC+140 approved. I am also waiting for PD to become
current. I havent got my H1 approved yet. I was told it might 2-3 months.

Hope this helps.

No Title

Hi mkiran,
If 140 is already approved you are not eligible for 365 days
extension. Instead you are eligible for a regular 3 year extension.

1 year(365 days) extension applies to the cases where 140 is pending
and NOT YET approved.

No Title

Having 140 approved doesnt mean I am not eligible for H1 7th year extension. Mine was filed and received case #. But recently, I read
in a immigration attorney bulliten, that all centers are not processing H1 7th year extensions, until they get regulations from
INS to centers. I have read on this message board people got their
7th extensions approved. I do not understand why now different service
centers are waiting for INS regulations NOW.

Any comments.

Thanks

No Title

mkiram,
Can you please share which attorney\'s bulletin and/or which service centers are approving 7th year. Thanks a bunch.

No Title

Well...let me give you clarification...

everyone misunderstood the question in the first place...
law 2045 is different from 245(i)

2045 talks about 1 year extension if LC is filed and I-140 pendind or approved 365 days prior to 6 year expiration.
Law 245(i) grants the person the ability to file for I485, even if the person looses the job or goes out of status before the P.D. becomes current or even later.

No Title

Thanks Nilesh... Can you provide me with your inputs if 245 (i) helps me in any way. EB3/India/PD 2Jun98/H1 Expires 31st march 01. We have file for 7th yr ext with Vermont, if that does not come thru, can i use 245. What I need to do to use this regulation. Also it seems like some action needs to be taken befor 30th April. Thanks....

No Title

My 6 year limit is expiring in Dec 2001, can i get the 7th year extention (Labor approved aug 2000 waiting for EB3 to become current)..

If i can get extention, then where do I send the application to and what documents are needed.

No Title

My 6 year limit is expiring in Dec 2001, can i get the 7th year extention (Labor approved aug 2000 waiting for EB3 to become current)..
If i can get extention, then where do I send the application to and what documents are needed.

No Title

How is a normal LC different from the one filed for 245(i)? Do I need to file any other forms or letters? My 6 years are expiring in Jan.2002. I filed for a LC in Jan.2001. Do I automatically qualify for 245(i) in case I go out of status?
Any input will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.