H.R. 4241 status

imqwer

Registered Users (C)
S. 1932 is passed. We should focus on H.R. 4241 now. That 's why I am starting a new thread for the house bill.

Here is the sample letter that I took from the post of spgtopper on S.1932 status thread.

<<
Subject: Requesting amendment in H.R. 4241 to include S. 1932 section 8001.

Dear Honorable Congressman,

I am a lawful alien residing in ______, US since _____. I belong to your district, and I am writing to kindly request your attention to an issue related to my green card process (filed in August 2002). I will remain eternally grateful for your help and attention to this issue.

Legal immigrants such as myself are facing serious crises: “Lengthy Visa Backlogs due to Employment Based Visa retrogression." Immigrant employees cannot change jobs, and U.S. companies cannot hire the right candidates that actually would have been available in the absence of retrogression. The senate has addressed the employment based visa retrogression issue in S. 1932, which aims to reduce U.S. deficits.

I am writing to request you to include the S. 1932 section 8001 as an amendment to H.R. 4241; this in effect will generate much larger revenue for the U.S. Govt. and avoid the process of cutting grants/funding for other existing yet useful programs. It will indeed improve my job situation as well as my family life because getting the EAD sooner will allow my wife (who is an MBA and a competent professional -frustrated at home) to work.

The bill S.1932, while creating relief measures for people like me, entails the following advantages:
· Affords flexibility to legal immigrants to change their jobs under AC21 law. Currently due to the retrogression the AC21 law passed by Congress is of no use. Jobs will stay in USA; US corporations will have access to a larger pool of skilled workers in the US itself and will no longer have to outsource to other countries. Skilled workers such as myself will not leave U.S. in favor of other countries with favorable immigration laws.
· Allow those whose labor has been approved to file for adjustment of status even if the dates are not current. This will bring in revenue/485 application fee much earlier.
· By recapturing visa numbers and charging adequate fees for the same, US Govt. will earn tremendous revenues. By excluding dependents from the visa number count, and charging fees for every added dependent, there will be added benefits.

I earnestly request you take action at this critical juncture (providing much needed relief to US companies and legal immigrants) by introducing and supporting an amendment in house bill H.R. 4241 such that it includes the S. 1932 sections 8001 and 8002 (although this is merely for fee increase and is unrelated to the retrogression issue). This amendment to H.R. 4241 will provide a workable solution to reduce deficits significantly, to keep people like myself in the country as well as to solve the retrogression issue. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your consideration.

Thanking you,

Sincerely,
>>

The easiest way to contact your congressmen is to use:
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/directory/congdir.tt?command=congdir
Find the members of congress from your state and send them email through the same site. If you could fax them, that would be great too.

I am also appending the content from another similar thread:
<< FINAL VER. CONGRESSMEN LETTER (H.R. 4241 + S.1932 Amendment)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please see this post::

http://boards.immigrationportal.com...2&postcount=481

Cont. from S.1932 status thread:

1) Please see msg. #451 on this (S.1932 status) thread. That is a FINAL PERSONALIZED version of the letter that I had my husband send.
2) A more general version is attached.
3) Write to congressmen at the moment because they can add amendments (we will write to conference committee members later). a. Find your zip code: http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp,
b) Also, find your congressman here: http://www.house.gov/writerep/
4) Google the congressperson and find contact details on their website itself. You can email most of them too. Som of them you ahve to FAX.

It doesn't matter if others are not taking efforts. Trust me, there are MANY who have no clue about what is going on. Also, if we send the same letter - it will be a good sign to show that we as an immigrant community/diaspora are tremndously united.
>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply from Utah congressman Chris Cannon

I've faxed, called, e-mailed, web-faxed to all 3 congressmean and 2 seantors of Utah state. This is the e-mail reply i received from Utah congressman Chris Cannon today. In all forms of my communication, eventhough i stressed the EB visa retrogression issue (like waiting for green cards for more than 5 years), somehow his reply has more info about his support for H1-B visa cap increase. I will call and e-mail him again to stress the importance of EB visa retrogression issue.

Please, please fax, call, e-mail to your state congressmen and senators. This is working. Work hard to achieve our goals. This IS the time to act.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
11/10/05
Dear XXXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me about proposed increases in the number of persons who can be admitted to the United States under temporary H-1B work visas. I appreciate your opinion on this issue.

Many of the top 100 companies using workers with H-1B visas are located in Utah. A number of them have told me of significant shortages of workers in the specialized employee categories open to such workers. The hi-tech industry is vital to our continued economic recovery and prosperity, both locally and nationwide. An estimated four jobs are created in sales, manufacturing and other sectors of the economy from each engineering job filled through the H-1B visa program. For these reasons, I will support an increase in the H-1B cap.

A proposal providing for an increase in the number of these visas has been included in the Senate Judiciary Committee deficit reduction package. The Senate bill would increase the number of visas by as many as 30,000 a year by making available previously unused visas. I am pleased with the step that the Senate has taken and am hopeful that as the House of Representatives addresses the issue, it can include similar support for an increase in the number of H-1B visas. Rest assured, I will work to ensure that the visa problem is adequately addressed and the needs of Utahns are met.

Once again, thank you for telling me of your concerns. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Warmest regards,

Chris Cannon

Member of Congress

I cannot guarantee the integrity of the text of this letter if it was not sent to you directly from my Congressional Email Account. If you have any questions about the validity of this message, please email me at: cannon.ut03@mail.house.gov or call my Washington, DC office at: (202) 225-7751.

THIS IS A SEND ONLY EMAIL. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL BUT CONTACT ME THROUGH THE ADDRESS ABOVE.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -