H-4 Validity Question - Urgent Please

Raje1

Registered Users (C)
I am on H-1B with visa validity in passport till July 14,2003. I have a visa approval notice till September, 2005. My wife's I-94 card has expired in July 14, 2003 (My wife is in H-4) My attorney has not filed for any extention for my wife. Should I get a H-4 approval notice for my wife? Is she out of status? Any help in this issue is greatly appreciated. I came to know this from a friend yesterday only. I am planning to go to Chennai to stamp both our visas shortly.

Raje1 said:
I am on H-1B with visa validity in passport till July 14,2003. I have a visa approval notice till September, 2005. My wife's I-94 card has expired in July 14, 2003 (My wife is in H-4) My attorney has not filed for any extention for my wife. Should I get a H-4 approval notice for my wife? Is she out of status? Any help in this issue is greatly appreciated. I came to know this from a friend yesterday only. I am planning to go to Chennai to stamp both our visas shortly.

Yes, your wife is in serious out of status situation. She will be considered out of status since July 2003. She might be barred from entering US for 3 years if she leaves US now. Consult an attorney immediately to remedy this situation.

your wife is out of status and staying illegaly from the date her I-94 expired. go to good immigration lawyer, she is subject to 3/10 year bar.

Thanks for your advice

Thanks for the two replies. I have written to Rajiv Khanna for his guidance.

I-94 at POE

I have a friend in canada who is a canadian citizen.
He wants to get a new I-94/H-4 at the border.
His earlier I-94 expired one month ago.
Will the one month gap pose any problems,
what should he expect

Thanks

glorifix said:
I have a friend in canada who is a canadian citizen.
He wants to get a new I-94/H-4 at the border.
His earlier I-94 expired one month ago.
----he should go out US ASAP and shoud get new I-94 when entres
Will the one month gap pose any problems,
what should he expect
--- I am not expert with Canada citizens
Thanks