H-1B status, approved I-140, retrogressed country - change employers ?

indiandude1

Registered Users (C)
I am in the sixth year of my H-1B (expires April 3, 2011).

I just learned that my I-140 (National Interest Waiver) was approved on April 16, 2010.

I am Indian, so I cannot even file my I-485 until my visa number becomes current (or whatever the term is) for possibly another 4 years or so.

Does this mean I cannot change employers ? Or can I use H-1B portability to do that (since my H-1B can now be extended indefinitely) ?

I am in the sixth year of my H-1B (expires April 3, 2011).

I just learned that my I-140 (National Interest Waiver) was approved on April 16, 2010.
----------------------------What is your PD?
I am Indian, so I cannot even file my I-485 until my visa number becomes current (or whatever the term is) for possibly another 4 years or so.

Does this mean I cannot change employers ? Or can I use H-1B portability to do that (since my H-1B can now be extended indefinitely) ?
-------you can change employers with H1 transfer. let the new employer file H1 transfer and join only AFTER H1 transfer gets approved(Many join with just Filing reciept and USCIS may reject H1 transfer then person is out of status and no base to stay/work). Let new employer file H1 transfer and no need to inform Present employer that other employer filed H1 transfer for you If the present employer Revoke your H1 BEFORE the H1 transfer Petition reach USCIS then USCIS will deny H1 transfer)
-------