H-1B Stamping!!

Parths

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I am under the impression that for those who want their H-1B to get stamped, under the new set of rules, they have to visit their home country to get the visa stamped for the first time stamping.

Is the above true or people can still get their H-1B stamped in Canada or Mexico?

Please help.

Thanks.

You are eligible to get H1B visa stamped outside your country of citizenship if you have not violated your legal stay in US.

What sdrblr wrote is true, however if you go to Canada or Mexico to get your H1B stamped, and for some reasons the US Consultae refuses to do it, you will be in big trouble. You will not be able to re-enter the US with your I94. You will have to fly back to your country from Mexico or canada... Be very careful. The same thing happned to me where I had an appointeent in Ciudad Jerez, and the immigration officer told me they did not have my FBI background check, and that she would not stamp my passport. I have never been out of status, and I work for a very well-known company in the US.
I would strongly recommend you go back to ytour country of origin and get it taken care of there...