H-1B stamping in Canada after getting Canadian PR

sesha_kiran

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I have been in US since Apr 2000. I have applied for Canadian PR and we landed in Canada as per the PR requirement and have applied for SIN #s. We have given our friend's address for getting the PR. My friend got the PR cards along with SIN cards in Aug 2005.

As of now, we were not planning to move to Canada until it is very much required for us (like losing job or something like that). I got my H1-B visa extension for the 7th year just today. We are planning to get my H1/H4 stamped at Canada since my wife is pregnant and she might travel to India sometime this year.

My question is(which might be dumb, but still wanted to clarify), should we require to get a canadian visa even though we have PR cards? If we do not require a visa, would it be ok for us to just enter Canada and have the H1/H4 stamped and come back to US?

Also, since we have the 6 year Visa till Apr 2006, can we enter US again if we don't get the H1 stamped if we go to Canada in Feb 2006? What I meant was, if we don't get the 7th year H1 extension stamped, they won't void the remaining time on the 6 year Visa which is valid till Apr 2006?

Does anyone hear anything like this, or has experience? Pls. let me know.

Thanks,
Kiran

Just a suggestion

If I were you first thing I do goto CANADA and get my PR or ask your friend to send thos document if it is legal...and then take appointment to Canada, bcoz now a days Canada is asking why you are NOT going to your home country instead Canada...but not many cases..very few cases are being issues 221g to apply in your home country.

First thing they do before they see your document, they cancel your existing VISA, even though your I-94 is valid, so you cannot enter USA; so either you need to stay in Canada or fly to your home country; if you have your PR with you then atleast you can stay in Canada legally..and one more thing since you are a PR holder in Canada, he won't ask your to go your home country...bcoz this is your home country...since you have PR...so he has to issue a 7th year extension.

This is just a suggestion....if you want to be bullet proof please take advice from legal professional.

You are very far better than any other situation.

Good Luck.
Raj

sesha_kiran said:
Hi Guys,

I have been in US since Apr 2000. I have applied for Canadian PR and we landed in Canada as per the PR requirement and have applied for SIN #s. We have given our friend's address for getting the PR. My friend got the PR cards along with SIN cards in Aug 2005.

As of now, we were not planning to move to Canada until it is very much required for us (like losing job or something like that). I got my H1-B visa extension for the 7th year just today. We are planning to get my H1/H4 stamped at Canada since my wife is pregnant and she might travel to India sometime this year.

My question is(which might be dumb, but still wanted to clarify), should we require to get a canadian visa even though we have PR cards? If we do not require a visa, would it be ok for us to just enter Canada and have the H1/H4 stamped and come back to US?

Also, since we have the 6 year Visa till Apr 2006, can we enter US again if we don't get the H1 stamped if we go to Canada in Feb 2006? What I meant was, if we don't get the 7th year H1 extension stamped, they won't void the remaining time on the 6 year Visa which is valid till Apr 2006?

Does anyone hear anything like this, or has experience? Pls. let me know.

Thanks,
Kiran

7th Year Extension at Canada after getting Canadian PR

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your advice. But, I am a little bit confused since I might have sounded that I will go to Canada without getting the PR in my hands first. May be you can check the order of things I am planning to execute and tell me if that would be ok.

Step 1.
=====
Get the PR card from my friend while I am in US and before I go to Canada for stamping.
Step 2.
=====
Once I get that, I will book an appointment with Canadian Consulate for H1 extension.
Step 3.
=====
Then I will enter Canada for stamping.

Say that I land in Canada sometime in Feb '06 at which time my US Visa is still valid till Apr '06. Can you pls. help me with the following questions?

Qn 1.
===
Would it be a problem to get the H1 extension stamped from Canada and get back into US?

Qn 2.
===
If I don't get the Visa stamped for extension with whatever reason, will they cancel my existing Visa?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Sesha_Kiran

Hi! Kiran- When ever some one apply for a visa at border posts like Canada or Maxico s/he can not come back on old visa or I-94 until had a new visa.
After getting visa application they stamp your passport. Stamp printing says "application received with date and consulate name"

Also being a Canadian PR you should not to worry of getting 221(g). Maximum you can have trouble with security clearance which may take few weeks but it is not the case always.
Good Luck

PR visa

As you know what you are doing is using a loop hole.

Your CAN PR only allows you to be outside can for 180days a year. In your case it seems to what you are doing is like marrying a woman and loving another.

You will get a new visa once you are a can pr but remember the above that you could lose your can pr and aptly so because you have falsified your application when you stated your intentions when applying to can for the PR.

Hi canindo,
YOu said that "Your CAN PR only allows you to be outside can for 180days a year"
Is it true can you send me any link stating this.
bcos as far as I know in order to maintain Canada PR you have to stay in canada for 2 yrs i.e 730 days out of 5 yrs.I have never seen like you have to stay 180 days a year It was old rule I guess.

canindo said:
As you know what you are doing is using a loop hole.

Your CAN PR only allows you to be outside can for 180days a year. In your case it seems to what you are doing is like marrying a woman and loving another.

You will get a new visa once you are a can pr but remember the above that you could lose your can pr and aptly so because you have falsified your application when you stated your intentions when applying to can for the PR.

Canada PR

sharma_rita said:
Hi canindo,
YOu said that "Your CAN PR only allows you to be outside can for 180days a year"
Is it true can you send me any link stating this.
bcos as far as I know in order to maintain Canada PR you have to stay in canada for 2 yrs i.e 730 days out of 5 yrs.I have never seen like you have to stay 180 days a year It was old rule I guess.

It is true that you have to stay in Canada for 2 yrs out of 5 yrs. I never heard 180 days a year.