H-1B extension - very strange approval notice

azzuri

Registered Users (C)
Here is what came from VSC in the approval letter for an H-1B extension. Never out of status in the US. Extension for the same employer. This letter came last Monday. The separate notice mentioned has not arrived yet. There was no I-94 but a slip like for the fresh H-1B for sb out of US to get the visa in the consulate. Consulate/POE field was blank. Any idea ?

The above petition has been approved for the classification requested. It has been determined that the named worker(s) are not eligible for the requested extension of stay. You will receive a separate notice explaining the reason for this determination.

Even through the worker(s) are ineligible for an extension of stay, they may depart the United States and then apply to reenter in the status shown above. Since the petition indicates the worker(s) will not require a visa to reenter the U.S., we have notified the port of entry of pre flight inspection office listed above of the approval of the classification.

Some workers may apply for admission to the United States before the beginning validity date of the petition but may not work before the beginning date. Contact this office, the port of entry or pre-flight inspection office, or any INS office, if you need information about how soon the worker(s) can enter before the validity of the petition begins.

Each worker should present the lower portion of this notice on applying for admission. Upon admission is this classification the worker(s) will be authorized to be emloyed by the petitioner for the authorized period pursuant to the terms and conditions of the petition. The petitioner should keep the upper portion of this notice and forward the lower portion of to the worker(s) for presentation at the consulate.

If the named worker(s) are going to apply for the visa at a port of entry or pre-flight inspection office other than the one listed above, the petitioner should file form I-824. Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, with this office to request us to notify the new port.

If any of the worker(s) included in this petition do not actually enter the United States, substitutions of different workers are not made, the petitioner must notify this office so the allocated nonimmigrant visa numbers can be re-used.

Please read the back of this form carefully for more information. If you have questions about tax withholdings, please contact the Internal Revenue Service.

This form is not a visa nor may it be used in place of a visa.

Number of workers: 1
Name DOB COB Class Consulate or POE OCC Code
xxxxxx xx/xx/xxxx xxxxx H1B1 (blank) 005

I-94 missing

hi,
I got my h1 b visa approval notice but it had a strange message like yours. It said that approval of status not granted but the visa has been approved for 3 years. Also, it did not have an I 94. I was never out of status.

Actually, I used to work for company A and then left to work for company B and again came back to company A when this situation happend. It said a notice explaining this determination will be mailed seperately. Could you tell me after how long did you get this notice and what did it say. I would appreciate if you could let me know how to deal in this situation.

Thanks
Nimish

please answer

What happened in your case? Did you hear from USCIS back? Please let me know. I am getting nervous.