H-1B Extension Stamping

h1babu

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

My first H1-B was stamped in Amsterdam, The Netherlands as I was living there at the time. I got an extension at the State Department in Washington DC. Now, I got another extension and I want to get it stamped in Canada or Mexico as I have several overseas trips planned at my work.

can anyone please let me know if i can go to Canada or Mexico even though my first H1 was not stamped in my Home Country (india)? I heard somewhere that I can not go to Tijuana because I did not get my first H1 in India and have to go to Nogales if I am going to Mexico. I dont know if this is true or not. Can someone please help answering this question?

Thanks,
H1Babu

Hi,

This message is for H1babu for H1B/Extension Stamping.

Here is what is happening,
The rate of getting visa stamped with out any hurdles is 0.000000001.
and in case somebody is fortunate to get a Visa, the minimum wait time or getting stuck in mexico is atleast more than 25 days.

So please try to go to the Home Country.
In my personal on-going experience Nogales, mexico is the last place to go... Dont think if you have all the documents straight. Bcoz I had them all right. Hence I would highly suggest that you go to India.We are posting this reply from nogales, mexico and have been stuck here for a month.

Mexico ..... in the middle of no where.

Nogales, Mexico stamping experience

Hello Kabphx,
Can you share with us your stamping experience in Nogales, Mexico. I am planning to take an appointment there in the month of January '06. Can you please enlighten us by sharing all the problems you faced.

Thanks a lot,

Nogales, Mexico stamping experience

Hello Kabphx,
Can you share with us your stamping experience in Nogales, Mexico. I am planning to take an appointment there in the month of January '06. Can you please enlighten us by sharing all the problems you faced.

Thanks a lot,