H-1B extension beyond 6 years

amillenatx

Registered Users (C)
Hello y'all,

I transferred to this new job on an H-1B and asked company lawyer to process the H- visa. I told her that I had only 1 year left on my H1. As a routine on their law office, they processed a-3 year extension instead of 1. Now, INS approved this by mistake (I assume) since this will make my H1 term to 8 years. Lawyer said not to worry about this.

1. What impact this can cause on my future request for a 7th year extension? (I have an LC pending for 2 years now).

2. Should I notify BCIS of the mistake?

3. What impact should this cause my current EB1-OR petition? Will I be held responsible for the mistake?

Thank you!

amillenatx said:
Hello y'all,

I transferred to this new job on an H-1B and asked company lawyer to process the H- visa. I told her that I had only 1 year left on my H1. As a routine on their law office, they processed a-3 year extension instead of 1. Now, INS approved this by mistake (I assume) since this will make my H1 term to 8 years. Lawyer said not to worry about this.

1. What impact this can cause on my future request for a 7th year extension? (I have an LC pending for 2 years now).

2. Should I notify BCIS of the mistake?

3. What impact should this cause my current EB1-OR petition? Will I be held responsible for the mistake?

Thank you!

You should notify and get it corrected. You might have problems getting a visa stamped at consulate also.

7th year H1 extension query

First I could not figure out how to create a new thread.. so I am doing this..

anyways this is my query

my 6 yrs are completing in NOV 2004, I've applied for labor in MAR 2003
So now I have to apply for the 7th yr extenssion.

Can I change my employer at this stage, and can the new employer file the 7th year extn based on the labor from my current employer..

thanks
-Vikas

7th year H1 extension query

anyways this is my query:

Can I change my employer at this stage, and can the new employer file the 7th year extn based on the labor from my current employer..

thanks
-Vikas

If you change your employer you will not get the 7th year extension.

I am in the same boat - anyone else has a better answer please corerect me if I am wrong.

vikasone said:

anyways this is my query:

Yes. if you have LC receipt.

Yes. You can

thanks
-Vikas

8th YEAR EXTENSION

I'm new to this forum.Didn't know yet how to post a thread but trying to send one hope this one goes..
Here's My Question.

I got 7th Year Extension based upon My pending Labor from my Previous employer.Now I'm getting close to apply for 8th Year Extension as i didn't get any Labor approval .
I have another labor which I have applied thru current Employer..Now is it possible to apply for 8th year Ext. using this labor which was also pending more than a year...
Please i want reply soon...Someone help me ..

Did you get any answer for this question?

Hi: Did you get any answer for this question?
sarithakandru said:
I'm new to this forum.Didn't know yet how to post a thread but trying to send one hope this one goes..
Here's My Question.

I got 7th Year Extension based upon My pending Labor from my Previous employer.Now I'm getting close to apply for 8th Year Extension as i didn't get any Labor approval .
I have another labor which I have applied thru current Employer..Now is it possible to apply for 8th year Ext. using this labor which was also pending more than a year...
Please i want reply soon...Someone help me ..