H-1B Cap - OFFICIAL WORD

Jim Mills

Registered Users (C)
The USCIS announced that, based upon first quarter tabulations, 43,500 H-1B cases that could count against the 65,000 cap for FY 04 have been either approved or are in the queue for adjudication.

More...............

H-1B Cap News

The USCIS has released the status of H-1B cap number usage at the end of December 2003. The number used was 43,500. This statistics is somewhat surprising considering the fact that the USCIS had some carry-overs on October 1, 2003. It means that the agency probably used on average less than 10,000 per month during the three months period. Since there were approximately 20,000 numbers available at the end of Decembedr 31, 2003, the cap may not reach until the end of February, 2004 unless some unusual event takes place. Traditionally, the immigration authorities have been taking additional 10% cases (6,500) before they announced the reach of the cap and stop taking in any more new cases. 10% figure came from their past statistics of the number of denials. We do not know whether the USCIS will do the same this year or even increase the percentage considering the recent trend of increased denial of H-1B cases.

Source: www.immigration-law.com

I disagree with their analysis but so be it. Remember, not everything that you read on an attorney's website is gospel, some is just opinion.

Visa to be filed in Feb

Hey Jim,

As of now I am in a big soup. Can someone help me out of this. I have H1 in my hand but not yet stamped coz I have resigned from the company. Another one will befiling the petition in first week of Feb 2004. Can anyone help me in knowing what will be the probability that I will get the visa?

I can take my resignation back and go to US for a month or so.

The other one is a pretty good assignment (for 2 yrs or so)

If the probability of getting the visa is high then I would go and join the new company else probably I will stay back..

Any advice for me...

H1soup