h-1B after EAD

rajofboston

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I got my EAD card. My current H-1 is expiring next month. My company is ready for extending my H-1B. Should I go for this? Is there any problem if I get an extension on my H-1B after getting EAD card.
Thanks.
Raj

Would\'nt hurt..

The problem with EAD/AP is that you will have to renew every year. And the moment ur EAD expires u cannot work legally. If u have have a
valid H1B try using that as long as u remain with that company. But also process ur AP/EAD in parallel. Will be helpful to get an new job in case u get laid off. Also make sure u get into the country using ur H1B if u have a vaid one.

This is what I did, been in and out of country using H1B eventhough I had a valid EAD and AP for last 2 years (RD/ND 12/99)

-k7n

How many times can you use the AP?

I know it is valid for a year. Does it mean for just one trip outdside the country or many times as long as AP is valid?

vinod

Any paperwork involved with travel with H1B

When I leave the US, what shall I give to the INS? When I come back, what does INS ask for? Please post more details. Thanks.

Additional Job using EAD

Hi

If v can do additional job using EAD, should that be informed to the employer who is processing GC?
What is the tax term for that additional job? is it " contract to independent"? (ie.can v get the hourly rate directly from the client(or associate) and pay back the tax?)

Thanks