H 1 visa /waiver

feba

Registered Users (C)
thanks for your replies
can one start working in a underserved area as soon as one gets H1 visa , even when waiver pending. does working on H1 before waiver is approved counts in the three year waiver period. i am to start working in florida, so is LC better or NIW for green card, can one apply for both( how easy is it getting NIW , i have done two years of fellowship but no research to my credit)
thanks
feba

Florida has strict regulations regarding NIW (a lot stricter than some other states)

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/workforce/recruit1/PDFFiles/niw.pdf

Since your wife is going to be on H1, there is no hurry for you either way. LC and use of consular processing (esp. if ur consulate accepts Attorney Certified 140 or AC-140) is the fastest way to a GC IF your job is stable . People have gotten GC in 3yrs + 1-2 months. I don't know the LC backlogs in FL, which would determine how soon you start. LC and employment based I-140 are to be processed by the employer, so unless the employer already trusts u, you may have to do a few months of work before starting your processing. Also remember that 6 months of ads may get u into trouble if lot of US citizens or GC holders apply and the employer gets shakey! Remeber it is FL u are taking about and half the americans may want to come there!

NIW means 5 yrs + a few months for GC, which u really have no need for. In other states employer involvement is pretty negligible or none for NIW, but FL seems to want more from them. One benefit is obtaing EAD, which will allow you to work on the side. But it has been suggested (by my atty.) that despite having the EAD, i should still keep my H1 valid for 3 years as a requirement form my J1 waiver. So I can't use my EAD for 3 yrs. This has not been confirmed by me .

And please keep all your posts in the same thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi feba where is florida will u be i am also in florida finishing my 4th year of commitment out of 5 state deprt of florida is very friendly u can send me personal email ane we can discuss

work on H1

hi, i wanted to just doubly confirm that if the H1 gets approved but the I-612 is still pending , can i start working in the waiver area without having to wait for I-612.
feba

kidsdoc

hi
what happened, i sent u an email long time back , i hope u got it
ciao
feba

feba have send u email waiting for reply am alos in central florida what medical college r u from?