H-1 Oct Lottery Results???

gcusa101

Registered Users (C)
Anybody received the denial/accepted notices from the H1B lottery yet? I know that people who applied in premium procesing are getting their approvals but I have not heard anything about people who did not apply in premium processing - the only thing I read was the USCIS notice saying you will know by June 2nd - anything else? any insights would be helpful.

Here is an update from the immigation law website:

04/29/2008: Phases and Timeframe of FY 2009 H-1B Lottery Winner Determination

• By now, people know that the USCIS received nearly 163,000 petitions including U.S. master degree cases. The USCIS also reported that they had run and completed the computer random selection process by April 14, 2008. This is all we know at this point and nothing more. We do not know how many cases they have selected and who they are. What we can guess is that the total selected numbers must exceed the annual cap numbers because there should be number of petitions which would end up with denial or withdrawal. They often called it "Wait Listed" which is a sort of reserve pool. Traditionally, the estimate reserve pool is taken between 10% and 15% of the cap numbers.
  • One then wonders how and in what progression the USCIS will determine and notify the cap petitioners that they have been selected or not selected. The following are the progression of the process which we have composed from the just released USICE policy guidance on OPT new rules dated April 25, 2008.
    • Premium Processing Cases: 04/29/2008 which is the end of today. By now all of these filers should have received Receipt Notices and most of the petitions must have been approved, unless RFEs were issued, because 15-day decision deadline is April 29, 2008. These filers thus learn during the period not only the fact that they were selected in the lottery but also that their cases cases have been either approved or denied.
    • Regular Filing Cases: Unlike the premium premium processing cases, the regular filers will have to endure a long and agonizing process not knowing whether their cases have been selected in the first place. The following are the timeframe the USCIS apparently set up:
      • 04/14/2008 - 06/02/2008: The USCIS has determined that they are likely to complete receipting process by June 2, 2008. During this period the first lucky winners will receive the Receipt Notices or even Approval Notices.
      • 06/03/2008 - 07/28/2008: The USCIS estimates that they need four (4) weeks before receipting or returning of the applications for the rest of the cases. Most of these cases may turn out to be "Wait Listed" or Reserve Pool" cases AND those cases that even failed to be selected as the Wait Listed. The filers of latter cases will receive return of their petitions and filing fees in the mail. The USCIS is expected to send out notifications to the Wait Listed cases probably at the end of the first phase or latter.
  • The foregoing scenario indicates that the regular filers will indeed have to wait a long time just to learn whether their cases have been selected. People may thus as well have to learn to manage their stress and anxiety levels. Amen...............

Waiting for general. Got in lottery for Masters-waiting for final decision

I applied through the general quota under regular processing. But I am waiting. I have not heard anything for that one.
In fact the other one I applied through the master;s quota has come through in the lottery and even this was under regular processing. But this one is a tricky one as my advanced education does not say MS in my certificates, it says- Advanced post graduate education in ---------. I am worried about not getting into the lottery in general quota and also getting rejected un der the Masters---please shed some light on this issue. It may be helpful if I get an RFE to this effect. Further information on my situation is provided on this link--
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=275461
Any input will be appreciated

I applied H1 in general category with out PP. The consultant informed me that they have received receipt number from USCIS and checks are also cleared from their bank account.
Any body else received any such receipt for general category?

Thanks,

I applied H1 in general category with out PP. The consultant informed me that they have received receipt number from USCIS and checks are also cleared from their bank account.
Any body else received any such receipt for general category?

Thanks,

hi patka, could you tell on what date was ur check cashed and how long after that did you get receipt?...my company lawyer told me that my check is cashed but they cannot access the check image to view the receipt number and they ahve no idea how long it takes to get the receipt notice

My wife applied for H-1 -general category.
Her petition was selected in the lottery and Receipt notice ( dated 04/22/2008) has been recieved by our lawyer on 4/26/2008.

Waiting for the approval notice. Still showing pending Status online on USCIS website.

My wife applied for H-1 -general category.
Her petition was selected in the lottery and Receipt notice ( dated 04/22/2008) has been recieved by our lawyer on 4/26/2008.

Waiting for the approval notice. Still showing pending Status online on USCIS website.

Hi Gullu...was ur application a premium one or non premium one??

I heard of another case who was in Masters Quota - non premium - who got the receipt notice yesterday...

Anybody heard of people getting the rejection recipts yet?

We are getting close to the June 2nd deadline to recieve the approval notices - does that mean if we do not get an approval by 2nd, we should assume that we were not selected in the lottery - I am talking about non-masters, non-premium (NMNP) category...

Is there anyone, for whom money is deducted from bank a/c and not yet received Receipt Notice or LIN?
My H1b sponsorer has not yet received LIN, but money was deducted from a/c one month back.

Thanks.

I am not able to correlate, drawing money from bank a/c and rejection. If application is not selected in lottery how can USCIS open the packet and deposit checks in bank? only possibility for rejection is incorrect application!

Any one else have similar situation? i.e money deducted and not yet received "Receipt Notice".

Thanks,
:confused:

In my case (General, non US master) money was debited April end, got receipt last week and is approved now. Opps relief.

Anybody got rejections?

In my case (General, non US master) money was debited April end, got receipt last week and is approved now. Opps relief.

I haven't read many people reporting that they received rejections from the lottery - I haven't received anything from USCIS yet - any idea what's going on?

My I-129 application was also selected on April 14th but still pending for decision along with my wife's H4 (I-539). Her previous TD renewal is still pending from mid-March. No idea why it is taking so long.

Anyone else with pending H-1B applications at present?

Thanks.