H-1 in US, PR in Canada

nkrishna

Registered Users (C)
hello gurus

have a strange scenario, hopefully someone can help me out.
I on my H-1 past 7 yrs (with 3 year extension), and I hold a Canadian PR for the last 5 years, and a Canadian license too which is expiring in the end of this month.

I have my H-1B current with no visa stamping. Will I be able to cross the border for a day, to get my license renewed, and then be back the same day. what to expect from the border related to immigration documents?

hello gurus

have a strange scenario, hopefully someone can help me out.
I on my H-1 past 7 yrs (with 3 year extension), and I hold a Canadian PR for the last 5 years, and a Canadian license too which is expiring in the end of this month.

I have my H-1B current with no visa stamping. Will I be able to cross the border for a day, to get my license renewed, and then be back the same day. what to expect from the border related to immigration documents?

Cdn PR for the last 5 years...Is it valid now? You need to find that out. If it is valid, then you will be able to cross the border. If not, you will need cdn visa to cross the border.

thanks for pointing that.
Actually it expired October 2007, i missed it for the renewal. what should I do now?

thanks for pointing that.
Actually it expired October 2007, i missed it for the renewal. what should I do now?

You need to re-examine your priorities now, since your PR card is no longer valid and that you are no longer a PR of Canada (because of invalid PR card in addition to not having lived in Canada for the required period). Considering these points, do you want to visit Canada now?

If you still want to visit Canada and get your licence renewed, contact the cdn consulate for the visa. You will not be able to renew your PR card from outside of Canada.