Guys with AOS pending for 120 days, please ask your lawyers to fax request for FP notices....my lawy

helper007

Registered Users (C)
FINGERPRINTS & AOS; AOS COMPARED TO CP:

FBI processes requests for domestic name and record checks by INS offices quite quickly. You may call FBI at 304-625-5590 to learn whether and when it completed its name and record check in your case.

INS now sends a copy of the fingerprint notice to the applicant for the applicant to appear at an ASC (Application Service Center) at a certain date and time for fingerprinting. The ASCs appear quite lenient about letting applicants take fingerprints earlier than the date on the fingerprint appointment notice if the applicants have a good reason for walking in early. But you must have an appointment notice in hand to do this. The name and record check by FBI has a validity period of 15 months which commences to run from the date INS receives the information, about 30 days following the FBI name and record check.

AOS applications are now (June 2001) taking 90 to 120 days from taking fingerprints. Nevertheless, AOS is still faster, safer, and more efficient than CP. (Remember these turnaround time estimates are on a bell curve.) If you filed your adjustment application 120 days ago and have not had fingerprints taken, let us know right away because, according to CSC INS on 2/13/01, we can start faxing fingerprint inquiries to them after 120 days at 949-389-3484. Our recent experience is that these inquiries generate fingerprint appointment notices relatively quickly.

Greencard applicants are still finding AOS faster, safer, and more efficient than CP, especially because the October 2000 law allows changing employers after waiting 180 days for AOS to be completed. In addition, GuangZhou and Montreal have very long processing times because the Department of State makes all applicants for those two consulates process all forms and documents through the National Visa Center in New Hampshire, instead of through the consulate itself.

As of November 2000, the time to actually transfer an approved I-140 from CSC INS to NVC in New Hampshire has increased to about four months, and the time it takes for NVC to send Visa Packet Three to applicants has increased to about three months.

No Title

Hi helper007.
  Thanks for the info.
   Is this 120 days period for AOS from RD or ND?
   Kindly clarify.
  Thanks.

No Title

Helper,

Can you post a hyperlink to the original article ?
That will give me more credence to tell my attorney
to start the inquiry.

xenome

No Title

Helper007:

Do you think we can fax the inquiry about finger print notice to CSC by ourself? Sometimes I just don\'t think my lawyer care about this.
By the way is there any particular form we have to fill out on the inquiry to make it official to CSC? Thanks.

No Title

I am sure there is a form - if not a letter. I will strongly recommend not to do it yourself and ask your lawyer to do this for you. Otherway is to take permission from him with the right content approval before you send it...

thanks

No Title

my lawter today told me it is working days..so they are holding the fax till August first week...

No Title

Hi helper007
 i am planning to do that after 120 days(just 58 days now).
 thanks for your response

No Title

Hi helper007
 pls ask your lawyer to send fax for FP notice ASAP since it is calender days and update us.
 I have just completed 58 calender days.
 Your case will be a big boom to everyone around.
 Thanks.

No Title

Ganpat, I have been told by my lawyer that it is little early and she intends to send it for all the open cases around my RD in Aug first week....guys ahead of me, please do so

No Title

This seems to be a great stategy to hopefully get things going.
I just worry that if they do not place more staff to work on
I-485, folks still have a long time to wait after finger prints.

ciba