Guys who traveled to Canada with AP please help...

Cole

Registered Users (C)
I will travel to Canada for a meeting (1week) with AP. Questions:

Do I have to apply for a visa?

Do I have to surrender my I-94 card?

Guys who experienced please shed light on

When you leave US for Canada, you have to surrender the I-94,
make sure you bring with you the AP, EAD card if you have one, and I-495 receipt notices.

The only thing they look at when I came back in was my AP, however, just bring these papers with you in case they want to double check something.

No need to get new visa. AP will be used when re-entering the US

Canada Travel

Hello:

I regularly travel to Canada. You must need Canadian Visa to enter Canada. Do NOT submit your I-94 before departure. I did that first time and US immigration officer asked me "Where is my I-94?". When I said I have returned at the airport then they confirmed that if you are coming from US you need not to do that.

After that I never I surrendered my I-94. AP is sufficient to enter back into US. Carry your 485 receipt with you.

Hong long does it take to get a Canada visit visa?

Thank you guys so much for your invaluable inputs. Does any of you know how long it takes to get a Canada visit visa (same day, days or weeks)? I will just stay there for 3 days, and I need to go just in 1 week.

Please help guys...

Hi 1204GC

What other docuements one should carry while entering USA from Canada beside AP, EAD, 485 Receipt. Do we need to carry pay stubs, employment letter etc..

Please share.

Did you go Canada as landed immigrant. Please share if you do so.

Thanks

Re: Hong long does it take to get a Canada visit visa?

You can get it the same day.

Originally posted by Cole
Thank you guys so much for your invaluable inputs. Does any of you know how long it takes to get a Canada visit visa (same day, days or weeks)? I will just stay there for 3 days, and I need to go just in 1 week.

Please help guys...

Hi Nandhakumar:

Have you ever had experience to get the Canada visa at the same day? (I will go to New York consulate). The instruction about the visa application says it takes 2-3 weeks.

I have to make sure I can get it within 3 days otherwise I will cancel my travel.

Can you please let me know more about the consulate office where you sumitted your application, the application date, etc.? Thank you so much.

Depends what country you are from. (for CAN Visa)
It may take one day or 1-3 weeks. On their website it tells you how long it takes depending on what passport you hold.