Guys please help me!!!!!!!!!! Today I got laid off from my company and I don\'t even have EAD!!!!!!!

485case

Registered Users (C)
What are my options??? My RD is Feb 22, 2002. I don\'t have EAD. Have not done Finger printing

Wait for 90 days for EAD card. If not ....

then you can get a interim EAD by walking in to the local INS office.
All the best buddy. Take it cool.

What are the chances that I can still get my Green card?? My company told that they will not inform

Are there people who got laid off before 180 days are getting Green card. Any idea??

Get an EAD at the local INS.

Do this quickly and look for a job. Obviously, a similar job to your I485 petition is desirable, but, opportunities might be limited.
With the delayed (slow rate of) approvals lately, you may just be fine under AC21 with the high likelihood that INS will approve after 180 days.
Good luck.

Thanks so much!! Can someone explain me that AC21 rule deals with job change before 180 days or afte

If AC21 law is made, will it deal with job change before 180 days also???

you must have a job/job offer to show in case of RFE.

AC-21 or 180 day rule does not help if you have no job

But if I have a job by that time but INS gets to know that I got laid off before 180 days then what

are the vhaces that I can get green card under AC21 rule

AC21 only says if your case remains un-adjudicated for 180 days....so u can work for another company

Hi 485 case

I too am in the same position as you. I got laid off in October just 2 days after applying for 485. I started applying for jobs, but u know the scene in Oct last year rite ? I got my EAD in Dec. Then I got a job with my EAD in Feb. My 6 months from RD got over on Apr\'28 and I am going for FP on 3rd May. I dont think u need to worry much as long as u get a similar job b4 INS adjudicates your case. Presuming u r from NSC, u can be rest assured that u\'r case will not be adjudicated b4 180 days.
In case u need any info mail me at c_dilip@yahoo.com

gcar

Find a same/similar job immediately

No need to worry. You don\'t have any option except finding a new job. Don\'t try to confuse yourself by thinking about different options what if like this or that. Get a job and think about the options later. Good luck

Thanks to you guys!! gcar , you said you are in the same scenario, did you postpone your finger prin

so that your 180 days get crossed or you just happened to get that date?? Does it make sense postponing FP to be on the safer side??

Thanks

No need to worry my friend

I would suggest once you are selected for a new job and if you are friendly with your new employer show him your job skills that was filed when your previous employer applied for I-485.

Then you know how and what to convince your new employer, if you get an RFE.

I don\'t think you have to worry.

Hunt everywhere in U.S to get a new similar job.
If possible move to the new location, and work hard in your new position.

Best Luck my friend.

How about working permit document?

To find a new similar job is the right thing to do. But what kind of working permit should be presented to the new employer? Get a new H1? Apply for EAD based on the 485? or something else? WHo (which employer) can help with this?