Guys, I really need an opinion on this...please...

SBI1

Registered Users (C)
On February 23 2005 I sent an email to the FBI Name Check address as follows:

"Dear Officer,

I and my spouse have filed an application for adjustment of status to that as of Lawful permanent Resident
with the USCIS Vermont Service Center on March 17 2003. Our application is now pending adjudication at the Vermont
Service Center.

I am sending this note to you kindly asking for your office to please provide the status of the security/name
check I believe the USCIS would have requested upon the filing of our application for adjustment of status.

Following are the details of our case:"
(followed by our personal info).

Surprisingly, only 4 weeks later (last Friday) I received a response from them by mail (surprsingly, because from what I read in this forum, it usually take their response around 3 months) as follows:

"Dear Mr. XXXX:
Tis is in response to your Freedom of Information-Privacy Acts (FOIPA) request noted above.

A search of the automated indices to our central records system files located no records at FBO Headquarters responsive to your FOIPA request.

Although no records responsive to your FOIPA request were located in our automated indices, we are required to inform you that you are entitled to file an administrative appeal if you so desire...bla bla bla

My question is - does this response mean that:
1. There are no records on/about me in their files? Which means - with this response I can now go back to VSC and ask them "Why is my name check being delayed?"
2. Or, does it mean that VSC/USICS never filed a request for a name check on my behalf in the first place, which means - when they tell me that my case is awaiting name check clearance by the FBI they actually don't have a clue what they are talking about...?

If this is the later - what is my next step?

Thank you