guys check this out.

ramanathansunda

Registered Users (C)
Originally posted by jadi
Guys, I called the FBI office this morning to check on the status of my FP and the lady that answered the phone told me that they did received the result and cannot tell me anything. She said my FP was forwarded to Lincoln, Nebraska. But I filed with Texas Service Center. Does anyone knows why they forwarded my FP to Lincoln, Nebraska?

HEY GUYS ESPECIALLY KENNYGH AND BAJIS, AM I RIGHT IN FEELING THAT THIS MAY BE THE FIRST CONFIRMATION OF THE RUMOR THAT FILES FEOM TEXAS ARE BEING GIVEN TO NEBRASKA AND VERMONT TO HELP WITH THE OVERLOAD?:D :D :D :D

Nothing to feel good about. This is another

screw up situation by these INS/FBI. They have simply forwarded FP to Nebraska Service center by mistake. The file is still with TSC. This personally happened to me and I confiremd it by calling TSC.

You know what I have the feeling too that some files have been transfered to Nebraska and Vermont from TSC. I just pray that is so and for everyone to benefit from this also. Maybe TSC has seen now reason that to clear their backlogged they need help.

If they are getting help, I doubt its because of them realizing they need help. It was probably a higher authority who would have made the tranfers possible.

ramanathansunda - At first, I too thought that the "FBI forwarding FP results to NSC (instead of TSC)" issue was related to the rumors that some TSC cases are transferred to other SCs to reduce TSC backlog. But sg94ahpw's post does not support that.

It could just be a glitch in the system. For example, 2 days ago, my wife got her 2nd FP notice (dated 02/20/2003) asking her to appear for FP on 01/02/2003!! Since we already did the FP (on 01/02/2003), I ignored the new notice.

I won't be surprised if this was a similar glitch!

It may not mean anything...
After my FP, I called the FBI who told me the FP was done and forwarded to VSC... (I filed in TSC but reside in NJ)

So this may just be standard operating procedure...
The case might still be up for review in TSC.. who knows?

Thankx for all your support in this Forum.

ramanathansunda.....

Just wanted to Know whether you have gotten your FP notice ?? coz my RD is also in Nov 2001. I called TSC many number of times, but the last call in the first week of Feb, the IIO said she has sceduled my FP notice and i will be getting it in 3 weeks time. it has been 3 weeks and I am still waiting on that. I do not know whether to believe her or not?

damseln'distress

Hi, No I have not got my FP yet. I called 2/12/03 and got a very generic answer. Seems like they are issuing FP's in the Sep 01 RD range , so hopefully in the next few months we should make it.

Gurus also need to know

Guys
INS Nebraska is the central command center for FBI/ Finger Printing.
Any type of FP from any place in the US goes to FBI from Nebraska (all the ASCs are connected to Nebraska center) and similarly returns to Nebraska. Nebraska center puts in the computer, information from this is available to all the centers.

Please note there is no screwup in giving you similar information by the FBI.

Hi damsel'ndistres & ramanathansunda,

My RD also Nov'01 and did not receive my FP yet. I too talk to a Male IIO on 02/12/03 to request FP. He is very nice and took our (my wife and me) SRC #s and said he is going to request FP. When I ask about the tentative date for FP, it will take minimun 2 weeks to send a notice. However, we will get FP notice when the ASC near my location (I reside in NJ) have the availability for FP.

Thanks,
ML