Gurus! pls Help me on Applying my EAD Renewal

Wo ayeegi

Registered Users (C)
My EAD is expiring on 05/20/2003, I think its time to apply for my renewal.
I have couple of questions which I don’t know what to do with it.

1. What is the best thing to do apply through my lawyer(asking around $600 for me and my wife) or by myself.
2. Do I need to fill any other form apart from I-765.
3. What is the fees for it $120 or 88?.
4. On form I-765 Question # 14 # 15 what should I fill in here ? # 16 what is my category ( am little confused here) Is it C(9) for both of us. ( I came on H1 and applied for GC, never lost my status).
5. Can I send applications for me and my wife in the same envelope.(do I need to write separate checks for both of us 88 + 88 ?)
6. Is it Ok if I send it by Express mail ??

Thank you very much for your Help

RD: 03/06/2002
ND: 03/26/2002
EAC-02-143-53***

1. What is the best thing to do apply through my lawyer(asking around $600 for me and my wife) or by myself.

Do it yourself and save the money.

2. Do I need to fill any other form apart from I-765.
No, only I-765

3. What is the fees for it $120 or 88?.
$120

4. On form I-765 Question # 14 # 15 what should I fill in here ? # 16 what is my category ( am little confused here) Is it C(9) for both of us. ( I came on H1 and applied for GC, never lost my status).
#14 H1 or Advance Parole
#15 H1 or Adj of status
#16 For you, it's C(9). Is your wife dependent? Read the Instructions

Dont know for other questions. Use common sense and dont worry too much.

Wo ayeegi:

mogli is right. Send both your apps in the same envelope but write 2 separate checks. Express Mail, UPS or FedEx is fine. Also include a copy of your passport, just in case.

If you have mailer cut off portion from previous EAD, it will help speed up the arroval.

EAD renew

hi VAMGC and all gurus,

those info are very helpful. I also wanna renew by myself, as mine will expire on June 6, 03.

I still have two questions:
1. Do I still need to take (2) new photos?
2. What is "Mailer"?

Thx all,

Bluesong

Check to be made in Favour of ?????

Can someone let me know in whose favour the Check for $120. 00 to be made.

DEC01 :

Check payable to --

Immigration and Naturalization Service

Last edited by a moderator:
DEC01:

Cheque should be in favour of "Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services" but i think they'll continue to accept for INS.

Bluesong:

If your old photos resemble you still, you can send them. Otherwise you have to send 2 new photos taken within 30 days of application. Dont forget to write your name and A# on the reverse of the photos.

"Mailer" is the document received from INS/BSIS when they send the EAD. It'll look like the paper sent with credit card. It says in there that if the top portion is sent, EAD processing will be expedited.

Good Luck All! :)

Hi,
Does anybody know how long VSC takes with EAD renewals these days?

I got my first one through Boston the very same day, but I heard they don't do them in Boston anymore unless your I485 was applied there directly.

Thanks!
- wherezgc

My approval as per AVM took 41 days since RD. One more person got it in 30 days.

You should get yours soon.

Hope keeps us going! :)

Wo ayeegi

while writing your name and A# on back of your photos, write with a pencil. I wrote using a ball point pen and while mail handling, the ink got onto the face of mine. I got an RFE for photographs.

The check should be written in favour of "Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services". But they also accept checks make to "Immigration and Naturalization Services" or 'US Department of Treasury".

Bob