Gurus please help: Married after filing 485.

EAin2005

Registered Users (C)
I have filed my I-485 which was retrogressed for now. I plan to get married with my gf soon who is a F-1 now. My question is: How do I add her name into my own I-485? I know I need to file a I-485 for her together with a marriage certificate, but do I need to do anything with my I-485 because I did not have her name in the original I-485 I filed to CIS? I heard that you need to send an updated I-485 form with her name on it to CIS, is it true? Please share you opinion and experience. A million thanks.

EA

EAin2005 said:
I have filed my I-485 which was retrogressed for now. I plan to get married with my gf soon who is a F-1 now. My question is: How do I add her name into my own I-485? I know I need to file a I-485 for her together with a marriage certificate, but do I need to do anything with my I-485 because I did not have her name in the original I-485 I filed to CIS? I heard that you need to send an updated I-485 form with her name on it to CIS, is it true? Please share you opinion and experience. A million thanks.

EA
What category did you file I-485 under?