Gurus please answer what if HIV positive on medical exam prior interview?

Wanastay

Registered Users (C)
What could you do if found out HIV positive during the medical examination? Could you cancel the visa interview? Would the doctor tell the embassy? Any suggestions?

Yes HIV positive is definately a contender for visa refusal

Doctor will give your sealed report to you to take to the embassey for your interview and a infectious disease is definately a contender for visa refusal.

If you suspect you are HIV + you would rather want to get that testing done here in the US by your doctor. HIV + will also disqualify you from adjustment of status.

No Title

1. You have to lie saying you do not have any contaguous desease, which can be used against you to revoke your PR or even citizenship.
2. Doctor may or may not check for HIV in his tests.

If known, this is absolute cause for rejection.

hiv

medical tests include a hiv test however i am not sure whether u would be disqualified for gc
i think u should check that with an immigration lawyer
hiv would not fall under contagious disease in itself
if u are worried just get a hiv test u could get one here there is a false positive chance then you would have to do a confirmatory test so dont panic

Probably not a problem after June 2001....

I remember reading an article in the paper which said that starting June or July 2001, someone testing positive for HIV cannot be rejected on humanitarian grounds. It also mentioned that the State Dept. has instructed all the Consular Offices abroad.

Not to be construed as Legal Advice. Just an opinion.

HIV is reason for refusal, even TB is

If you currently have TB you are give time to take medication & come in the non-infections state, and then visa will be granted. But what will you do if HIV +