Guru's pl advice !!! I-140 delayed

goose_doodle

Registered Users (C)
Hi All!
My I -140 was filed in May at Vermont.

Notice date: 05/06/2003
Category: EB3
1st EAD : Sept 2003

My I-140 is not approved yet. When my employer called up INS, customer service, they told them that," Yes, it is delayed, and they will file an enquiry and respond within 30 days. 50 days passsed and no news so far. My company attorney says that there is really nothing that we can do about it.

Is there something I can do about it? Are there others who are in a similer situation?

I can't help getting worried seeing the current date showing Jan 2004. Please help!

Thank you.

Hi

I am in the same situation. My I-140 is not approved yet and when i asked my attorny she said there is nothing she can do?

:mad: :confused:

Same case here May 2003 and no news after they received RFE. I applied of online EAD and AP, see if that trigger anything.

goose_doodle said:
Hi All!
My I -140 was filed in May at Vermont.

Notice date: 05/06/2003
Category: EB3
1st EAD : Sept 2003

My I-140 is not approved yet. When my employer called up INS, customer service, they told them that," Yes, it is delayed, and they will file an enquiry and respond within 30 days. 50 days passsed and no news so far. My company attorney says that there is really nothing that we can do about it.

Is there something I can do about it? Are there others who are in a similer situation?

I can't help getting worried seeing the current date showing Jan 2004. Please help!

Thank you.

goose_doodle,

There are few cases where those who's case have been abnormally delayed have contacted the local senator and it has helped .. you can try doing the same .. for details of those who did this and how they did this refer to posts on the matter .. ..

bhandus2004 said:
goose_doodle,

There are few cases where those who's case have been abnormally delayed have contacted the local senator and it has helped .. you can try doing the same .. for details of those who did this and how they did this refer to posts on the matter .. ..
Well, my ND is March 31, 2003. My lawyer started a case referral on 16 April 2004. No response from the USCIS. Contacted the local Congressman's office. They initiated the query last thursday, 22JULY2004, and today a representative from the congress office called me at noon. She told "The USCIS is performing some background check on your 140 (???) and they do not have a time frame for this".
The congress representative had asked why a background check is performed for 140 approval (because background check is part of 485)... the USCIS personnel had replied that s/he has no idea and told that that is what is on the system.
So bottomline... USCIS will take its jolly good time and will approve my 140 at their leisure! Till then waiting to see some light from that black hol;e called USCIS!

:)
hth
dyno

My attorney has been inquiring about my I 140 (filed in November 2002) since January 04. No news yet. I contacted senator, governor, Director VSC. There is nothing my attorney can do.

Not sure what to do?

Thats too long PyareGC.

Did u get any response from the senator/governor/Directors office? Did u see nay change in your LUD after you contacted them?

thanks
dyno

No responses from anywhere.

- AILA.org did not respond.
- CSC said case transferred to VSC.
- VSC did not respond.
- Senator/ Governor said they sent inquiry to VSC. No further update.
- Sent letters to Director, VSC. No response
Sent fax to expedite request. No response

I guess my bad luck is not having any luck..

Even I am waiting for my 140 approval..ND 04/03 concurrent. FP over. RFE on 04/13/04 (EB2 to EB3) response for RFE was received on June 9th and no update since then..It will be 485 days since the initial notice date by July 31st..such a long wait for all of us...never thought it would take so long..I know there are some who are waiting even longer..I am planning to contact the local congress man on Aug 1st (486th day).

PyareGC I understand your frustation...only thing we can do is pray for you and us..hope you hear some good news soon.

I am in the same boat and I recently applied for EAD renewal and AP hoping it would trigger something and would be good back up.

PyareGC can you contact any other senator and try to meet them personally. I am also verge on contacting senator here. But I want to see if my EAD renewal and AP would trigger someting. At least now 140 approval would be good.

Lets hope for the best.

chankn said:
I am in the same boat and I recently applied for EAD renewal and AP hoping it would trigger something and would be good back up.

PyareGC can you contact any other senator and try to meet them personally. I am also verge on contacting senator here. But I want to see if my EAD renewal and AP would trigger someting. At least now 140 approval would be good.

Lets hope for the best.

Hehe..I had the same hope, but they proccessed and approved my 2nd EAD and Ap fast and easy as if there wasnt and I-140 or 485. My ND is 7/15/03.

I spoke to office today. He took all the details and placed a referral. Per my discussions, it sounds like a message sent to VSC to advise why application is not processed? He said my I-140 application is not lost. It is in VSC. He asked to wait for 30-60 days.

Any experiences talking to officer??

PyareGC and others whoever contacted Senate/Congressmen,

I would appreciate if you could give me any details like how you contacted them etc etc

i want to contact them and see what happens my ND : 10/17/03

i tried to look for that thread, but i'm unable to find it.

You guys can post that info at your leisure.

Thanks

PyareGC

Not to disourage. I have spoken to them and got the same standard response. Approached congressman and they too got the response that USCIS is unable to provide a specific timeframe. Weird are the ways in which one of the largest agency of the US operates.

But my suggestion is try all avenues and knock all doors. Chances are one is bound to open.

Cheers
dyno

Our attoney's Paralegal called me just now an said that she has initiated another case referral as i completed 485 days from the ND and more than 100 days from the fiorst referral. Also it seems that the attorney can call and speak to the officer if the second referral is not responded to in 30 days.

Any second referral experiences?

TIA
dyno

legal battle ???

It has been nice hearing to different experiences, all about I-140 cases delayed like mine. I also met a lady whose I-140 has been pending since Sept 2001 (very..very..scary). There isn't anything that we could do, and we have to just wait and watch. We have to live like spiders.
Sometimes I wonder whether a legal alternative exists, wherin we can force the INS to look into our cases which have been somehow left out. What do you all say?

All,

I received update (response to my enquiry) from VSC stating "We have reviewed your request and determined that your case is past processing time. Your file has been pulled and forwarded to the appropriate section for processing."

Not sure what is going to happen but I am feeling better about it. Any similar experiences?

PyareGC said:
All,

I received update (response to my enquiry) from VSC stating "We have reviewed your request and determined that your case is past processing time. Your file has been pulled and forwarded to the appropriate section for processing."

Not sure what is going to happen but I am feeling better about it. Any similar experiences?
Good luck PyareGC,

Most probably they had tracked your application in one of the deep dark dungeons of the paper castle of the USCIS and might have been assigned to another of those incompetent you-know-who-plays-GOD adjudicator. The you-know-who-plays-GOD adjudicator will take his own time between his coffee breaks, which is estimated to be five minutes per day, to scrutinize each line of the zillion applications piled in front of him and look for grammatical errors and admiring the fonts used in the applications. And in one of those sleepy half awake moments there is a good chance that he might approve one of those applications. And mind you, once he approves/denies an application s/he will have to brag about it with the fellow you-know-who-plays-GOD adjudicators and take another coffee break.

Okay, I cant help being satirical.

You should see your LUD change in a couple of das and may get your approvals fast.

Enjoy ur weekend!

;)
dyno

There is this article in Murthy.com which says that as per the new policy, some I-140 and 485 applications are getting processed together ( note the word SOME). That means that in certain cases the I-140 will be not be processed until the 485 application is ready for adjudication! I don't know for now that whether this is a good thing or not.