(GURU's) Pl Adv whether non availability certificate is mandatory for I485

vs_srini

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
I have submitted my I-485 application with sworn affidavits from my parents for certifying the birth.
I didnt submit the non-availability ceritficate for
the same for me and my wife.
Can guru's (united nations ,...) advice whether its mandatory.
Thanks,
Srinivas

vs_srini:

In cases where original BC is not available, the NA certificate is required. If you dont submit, it might trigger a RFE or you may get it approved without it. So to be on safe side.. keep it ready.

JJ

vs_srini said:
Friends,
I have submitted my I-485 application with sworn affidavits from my parents for certifying the birth.
Thanks,
Srinivas

Not mandatory, but most of the adjucators ask for it. A very few get away without it.

vs_srini said:
Friends,
Thanks,
Srinivas

Technically its required. I did not have the Non-Availability cert. myself and filed I485 without it. However i did get a copy from back home, and will present it in case its asked for.

Regards,
adyav

Hi adyav,

Can you tell me the process of how to get the Non-availability cert. because I submitted only the birth certificate that too I got it from Indian consulate in DC, along with 485 application.

In case my family back home should work on getting it Non-AC, please guide me.

Thanks,
RS

rsannu2k,

USCIS will not honor certificate from Indian consulate/embassy. You need to get Non-availability certificate from local municipal office. You will get all the information on how to get this certifiacte from your local municipal office. Along with this certficate you need two affidavits, one from your parent and one from your close relative.

Marais said:
rsannu2k,

USCIS will not honor certificate from Indian consulate/embassy. You need to get Non-availability certificate from local municipal office. You will get all the information on how to get this certifiacte from your local municipal office. Along with this certficate you need two affidavits, one from your parent and one from your close relative.

Do they ask for Non availability cerificate and birth certificate even for wife(if she is secondary applicant) or does it pertain to only the primary applicant?

Srinivas:::

Non availability is a must ( in my experience). I had RFE for just birth certificate non availability from my municipality.

rsannu2k said:
Hi adyav,

Can you tell me the process of how to get the Non-availability cert. because I submitted only the birth certificate that too I got it from Indian consulate in DC, along with 485 application.

In case my family back home should work on getting it Non-AC, please guide me.

Thanks,
RS

The process to get the N/A certificate in the nutsheel is :
1. Your parents should visit the local Municipality that has jurisdiction over the place your were born.
2. They should fill out an application request form and also submit an affidavit stating
their name, dob , address.
your name , dob, address and relationship.
3. Deposit the fees .
4. It takes a week at max to get the N/A.
5. Once N/A is recieved the both parents or two people who were adult when you were born should prepare the affidavit
and send to you. Theses affidavits can be on plain paper and does not have to notarized.
Sample format for affidavit to be submitted by parents can be had from your attorney or search web .

I have seen some people got approved without Birth cert or the N/A. But I would say just get it in case you are asked later.

I got approved without Non-avail. cert.

I did not have the Non-avail. certificate but had submitted the affidavits from father, mother, maternal uncle and school board cert. where date of birth was mentioned , as additional proof and the consulate cert. and did not get any RFEs -- neither for this or for anything in the entire GC period. Got approved few days back.

I also read in this site about RFEs where they have asked for early school records with DOB in the absence of birth cert., as secondary evidence. Early school records with DOB plus affidavits should take care of things, in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your time and advice,
I had initiated getting non availability from india.
I will get them pretty soon.
Regs,
Srini