GURUS: need your opinion: NJ driver's license - intent to revoke!!!

katvar

Registered Users (C)
hi all,

after i received my GC approval, i went to one of the MVS NJ to renew my driver's license. I showed them the approval (which was among the list of documents worth 4 points) and they started checking my 6-points list till a woman said that since i was a visa holder before, i had to go to the regional MVS in Trenton to renew, so that they could update their computers with my new status.
I did go there, showed my approval again, told them that as of that date on the paper i was a permanent resident and that i was waiting for my green card. As a matter of fact i told them i had an appointment one week later to
get a stamp in my passport.
The guy disappeared with my passport, went to some computer, did some stuff, and i ended up getting a 4 years license with the line in the bottom
"Perm Immigr. Status".

I thought all was fine and that it was over. Unfortunately, yesterday i got in the mail a letter dated 2 days after my renewal. It says that according to some law, they will be revoking my driving privilidges permanently in 2008,
if i don't show up in an NVS not more than 90 days before that date in 2008,
to show that i am in the US legally.
Now, what the heck is this?? Is it some kind of automatically generated thing? did anyone else get it? it says in the bottom of my license: IMMIGR.
STATUS. So why do i have to suffer and go there again and prove my case that i am here legally? Do you think the guy screwed up and did not update the system? or that whoever generated this did not have access to that info?? i can't do anything about it now, i have to wait till 2008. It says to go there NOT MORE than 90 days before that date.

anyone in the same boat? advice/suggestions??

Standard message

That is standard message.By the time they revoke you will be citizen .Dont worry .