Gurus......... Need your help regarding DOB certificate.

PachaCard

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to apply for my AOS this month and this is my question.
My wife\'s birth certificate is not available and we asked about the
non-availability certificate at her place of birth. They gave us a letter
(typed on a plain paper) stating that birth records were not available
during that year, signed, designation stamp and office seal.
Do you think this may lead to an RFE in future? Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

-PC

No Title

I took it on municipal letter head. But If you have the seal and stamp that would be fine I guess, and also take 2 affidavits from her parents on Rs 10/- bond paper. That would be enough, I think.

You can solve it easily

Usually, most municipal corporations have standard forms they use - however, they look really ordinary. However, not to worry about this. If you have it stamped and signed, it\'s good enough. All you need as a back up is to get 2 adults from your wife\'s home area, what are NOT her parents, to testify on stamped paper, in front of a notary that they can vouch for her date of birth, and that she is indeed the daughter of her parents. Your lawyer should be able to give you the standard wording for this.

Their village does not come under municipal corporation

My wife\'s place of birth is a village and does not come under any
municipal corporation. So we were able to get this letter.

Regarding Affadavits:
We took two affadavits, one from her mother and one from her uncle.
Do you think that is sufficient? I read some where that you have to
take affadavit, one from parent and one from relative. Please advice.

Thank you all for your help.

-PC

No Title

Both my wife and I had the same problem. So we got affidavits from close relatives and NOT parents -- in my wife\'s case it was her grand-father and a maternal uncle. In my case, it was two of my cousins (who are old enough to vouch for my birth). And just for the heck of it, I had included my school transfer certificate which includes my DOB. One or all those must have worked because we never got an RFE.

Best of luck.