Gurus Help - question on employment letter for CP Interview

prasadk

Registered Users (C)
I just received employment letter for my CP Interview. Though this letter looks good and perfect. One paragraph sounds some alarm to me. May be I am too much concerned. I just want to check with you guys.

Letter excerpts:

First paragraph:
It explains about my employement (how long I have been), with how much pay the permanent position was offered. my job title. after I become Immigrant then the permanent position will commence. it also mentione that the permanent position is still open and continue to open for the indefinite future.

Troubling Second Paragraph:
Exact words: \'Regardless of what is stated above, both parties reserve the right to terminate this Agreement at any time at will and without cause or advance notice.\'

I am worried about this. Even though the letter took care of every thing in first paragraph, the second graph makes it difficult to comprehend. That is my openion. Any idea? Is this going to be a problem.
Thanks.

Re: Letter for Interview

Prasad,
I believe that second paragraph is just the agreement between u and yr employer for the job u r offered and consular officer has noting to do with it. The agreement is also true anyway because u can leave employer any time u get good opportunity and the employer can do same to u if he is in bad shape.

However, I am not sure how is yr relation with yr employer. One time, I had come across one case, probably on immihelp.com where employee went for cp against employer\'s wish and then employer faxed to the consulate that this employee is terminated and so on and that too after issuing him the current employment letter before he left.

So as long as this does not apply to yr case, I think u should be okay. Make sure the letter is notorized and it talks about yr present duties and salary etc.

sameer!!!

I also have that 2nd paragraph in EVF.

No problem. They concern about word "Fulltime", "Permanent", "$ LC salary" on approval of petition.

Prasad, You have any idea about DS 230 Part II, Item 29, Name and address of Petitioner ??

What in my case(applicant) ?
What in my wife\'s case(dependent) ?

thanks,

thanks for the reply

After i posted that discussion, I found on this web site that there were one guy in dec 2001 had his successful interview at mumbai even though he had that paragraph in question in his letter. that gave me some relief.

regarding your question, you will be the petitioner for your wife case, i found information related to that on this web site. you might want to make a search.

prasadk

I don\'t think you have to worry because your second paragraph is stating what is part of your contract. I don\'t think there would be many jobs around that did not have that clause in it.

BTW, I am waiting for my P4. Would you mind posting here what exactly the P4 statement specified as far as getting a notarized employment letter?
thanks in advance.

Thanks for that.

I also noticed that case information you mentioned, I think I don\'t have that problem. Cause I am still in a project and I have to work in that till August. I agree we don\'t want to mess up with employers in any case.

Nothing to worry about that...

Few of my friends went to CP in the past few months and we all have same attorney and employer. Everyone came out of CP successfully having their GC.
The standard format which my attorney has the same exact words as yours and also it does not even mention anything about salary.

So don\'t worry about that at all.....

well, thanks for that

I have already contacted my Attorney, she said do not worry about that. I have also noticed some postings to that affect, people are doing CP successfully with that kind of letter. Any way, what is your interview date? Did not hear from you after you got your tickets blocked.

Suddenly, last week I was in Detriot but do not have your home number to contact. I am going to work from Chennai in July if you are going to be there in that month we can meet.

Prasad

I did not make it for June Interview...

Hoping for July. Yes if i am in chennai in july we can meet. Send me ur contact details in private message. Thank u.