Gurus ! help please ! Child born in India after 485 applied.

Sam1987

Hello Folks, I am without a job right now and wife is pregnant, the due date is Aug 2002. I have applied for 485 at TSC in Dec 2001. Got Advance Parole. One of the options we are thinking of is going to India and have baby there. How do we add the child to the GC ? Are there any issues involved. Also Advance Parole expires 2003 Jan, If we have to stay beyond that can we apply for another AP while in India ?

Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You seem to want to make this situation as complicated as you possibly can

Why not just stay in the US, look for a job to support your employment based GC, and have the baby here. (I realize cost may be the issue with this). The only other way I can think of that you would be fairly safe would be to get a job and leave and reenter the US on H visas.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

No Title

Hello Jim, thanks a lot for the reply and advice. I am definitely trying to stay here and that is my first option. However I wanted to know if there were any issues as mentioned in my earlier post, if we had the baby there. Any inputs on that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

May not be a better idea....

Why don\'t you stay in US, get your EAD , switch to another job after 180 days and also have your baby born in US. I assume that you applied for EAD along with your 485 and have enough cash to survive until you get your EAD.