Gurus Help. How does infopass work for families and in SFO office? Cancel Policy?

OmGV

Registered Users (C)
How does infopass work for the family?
At SFO, what is the process?
What's the cancellation/reschedule policy in case we can't attend?
Response from anyone with experience is greatly appreciated. Thnx.

When you say "policy" what are you referring to?

You need to make separate appts. for each individual - so if it's you, your wife/husband and 2 kids, you will need to make 4 appointments.

In terms of missing a scheduled interview? Well....you miss it and then you need to make another appointment when you can.

Hope this helps.

it all depends on the individual IIO...., at Santa Ana office One appointment is sufficient for the complete family. One has to mention the actual number at the admission counter so as the IIO would print the number of tickets.

As far as cancelling the appointment..., you need to have the first time printed appointment information. The information has a numeric code at the bottom. One can cancel his/her appointment using the code.
If one tries to access info pass appointment subsequently, it will not show the numeric code...
my experience....

Guys:

I just had my passport stamped at SFO. Though I took 2 appointments (myself and spouse), I showed only one at the secutiry check. I also asked him whether one is enough for the family. He said YES. And in the token counter also I specifically asked whether I need to have 2 separate appointments. The lady in that counter said ONE is enough for the family. And the third counter is stamping counter. (counter no.9). The lady there didn't bother about how many people I have. She asked my token number and info pass. Then told me to give the applications one one by one. All done in 10 min.

Thanks to peace_of_mind for his reply about cancellation.

Good luck.

Thanks everyone for the info.

I meant, if I am not able to keep an appointment, can I reschedule. In case, if I cancel it, is there any restriction when i try to get another appointment later?

I presume where we live determines the office for which we get the appointment, which means I can't get infopass appointment for San Jose instead of SFO?

In Los Angeles district..., one cannot get an appointment within next 10 days..., from the current date....., So we had to go on the appointment date.... It depends on you local office... since USCIS is not accepting walk-ins..., everybody has to take infopass appointment..., getting a next possible appointment would be one week to 10 days...

venkatprakash said:
Guys:

I just had my passport stamped at SFO. Though I took 2 appointments (myself and spouse), I showed only one at the secutiry check. I also asked him whether one is enough for the family. He said YES. And in the token counter also I specifically asked whether I need to have 2 separate appointments. The lady in that counter said ONE is enough for the family. And the third counter is stamping counter. (counter no.9). The lady there didn't bother about how many people I have. She asked my token number and info pass. Then told me to give the applications one one by one. All done in 10 min.

Thanks to peace_of_mind for his reply about cancellation.

Good luck.
How were you able to get both appointments for the same time?

And you clear your browser's cache, delete temporary files. Then you can schedule for another person immediately.

And yes, infopass gives you USCIS office appointment based on your zipcode you enter.

You cannot reschedule your appointment. You need to CANCEL and get a new one. I did this myself. I scheduled an appointment with SFO office after seeing my approval on the web. But didn't get the approval notice through postal mail. So had to cancel and get new one.

Courtesy copy is enough for the PP stamping. THough I had originals with me, the didn't ask me.

venkatprakash said:
And you clear your browser's cache, delete temporary files. Then you can schedule for another person immediately.

And yes, infopass gives you USCIS office appointment based on your zipcode you enter.

You cannot reschedule your appointment. You need to CANCEL and get a new one. I did this myself. I scheduled an appointment with SFO office after seeing my approval on the web. But didn't get the approval notice through postal mail. So had to cancel and get new one.

Courtesy copy is enough for the PP stamping. THough I had originals with me, the didn't ask me.
Thanks venkatprakash for the info.

Can u plz post the entire experience, such as parking, documents they asked?
You had mentioned that it took only 10 minutes? what were the things that u took with u?
When u scheduled the appointment, after clearing the cache, were u able to get ur spouse appointment also at the same time [atleast within 15-30 time difference]
Do we get appointment within a few days?
Again, thanks for the info and BTW, Congrats and Good Luck.

Here is my experience in brief:

I had 2 appointments only for myself and my spouse at 11.30 and 11.45. Took BART from easy bay and got down at Montgomery St. Follow signs from BART to goto SanSome / Sutter. Once you are out from BART walk through SanSome Street. After 6,7 blocks (8 min) you will hit Washington intersection.

In some other posts I read that I had to goto SanSome street entrance. BUt its wrong. They told me to enter through Washington street. While waiting on the secutiry line, I noticed that there are 3,4 street parking (meter) lots available just in front of the INS office. Washington St is one-way towards SanSome.

Secutiry people are tough (their job). I noticed that they even didn't allow a sick women just like that. We need to remove everything except cloths :) Belts, wallet, keys, phone ( i didn't take my camera phone, rather took the usual one), spouse bangles everything needs to be removed.

After this, there are 3 counters for processing your infopass application and giving away tokens. They ask your approval notices and info pass printout. They they will give a token number printed and stapled with your infopass and approval notice back. Then comes the waiting area where you wait and watch for your number to come.

Restrooms and cafe are there inside for timepass. Forgot to tell you strollers are allowed but need security check. nobody cares if you take food inside.

I had all my documents ready in order. I had 2 APs and 2 EADs. I pinned them in order with 2 phots. FIrst I gave one passport with approval notice. Then she asked me "give all you have like AP and EAD". Seems she even won't know what are all I should give or may be she don't care. She verified everything and asked me give the index finger printing. Then she asked my signature. Thats it. Another application and samething.

Over all, it was a good experience.

DO NOT GO with the plan of eating at nearby Tandoori Indian Mahal hotel. :)

venkatprakash said:
Here is my experience in brief:

I had 2 appointments only for myself and my spouse at 11.30 and 11.45. Took BART from easy bay and got down at Montgomery St. Follow signs from BART to goto SanSome / Sutter. Once you are out from BART walk through SanSome Street. After 6,7 blocks (8 min) you will hit Washington intersection.

In some other posts I read that I had to goto SanSome street entrance. BUt its wrong. They told me to enter through Washington street. While waiting on the secutiry line, I noticed that there are 3,4 street parking (meter) lots available just in front of the INS office. Washington St is one-way towards SanSome.

Secutiry people are tough (their job). I noticed that they even didn't allow a sick women just like that. We need to remove everything except cloths :) Belts, wallet, keys, phone ( i didn't take my camera phone, rather took the usual one), spouse bangles everything needs to be removed.

After this, there are 3 counters for processing your infopass application and giving away tokens. They ask your approval notices and info pass printout. They they will give a token number printed and stapled with your infopass and approval notice back. Then comes the waiting area where you wait and watch for your number to come.

Restrooms and cafe are there inside for timepass. Forgot to tell you strollers are allowed but need security check. nobody cares if you take food inside.

I had all my documents ready in order. I had 2 APs and 2 EADs. I pinned them in order with 2 phots. FIrst I gave one passport with approval notice. Then she asked me "give all you have like AP and EAD". Seems she even won't know what are all I should give or may be she don't care. She verified everything and asked me give the index finger printing. Then she asked my signature. Thats it. Another application and samething.

Over all, it was a good experience.

Do we get an appointment within a few days?
I presume overall, is shouldn't take more than an hour for 2?

venkatprakash,
you said...
Is the food at the restruant not good or did you mean to say..., ...would not get time to go to the restaurant.
We are planning to vist SF..., we would like to better know if the food at the restaurant is not good.

peace_of_mind, I meant food is not good. THough it has lunch buffet, not much to eat.

omGV: I think as of today (at SFO), you get appointment after 7 days.