Gurus Help - Advance Parole question

bm_2003

I'm currently using my EAD and my AP expires on Feb 26th 2004, I'm planning to go to India in Jan 2004 and return by 15th of Feb 2004. Is this okay to use AP which expires in two weeks while entering? I'm worried if I apply for AP renewal now and don't get it approved before my travel, will this be an issue to leave country because AP is being processed.

Please advise Gurus.

I have the same question. My wife's first AP was approved on 09/10/02 and has an expiration date of 09/09/03. However, when she used the AP for her entry earlier this year she got a new date 01/17/04 stamped on her passport, I-94 and AP. Is that the new expiration date of her first AP (01/17/04)? We are planning an one week's oversee trip in this Dec can she use the first AP? Her second AP application now is pending with VSC. If her second AP is not approved by our departure, will going out of the country void her application even she may have a valid AP (the first one) in hand?

Thanks a lot.

gcwaiter

The expiry date on the AP is the date you should go by. If your wife is traveling in Decmebr, she should wait for the new AP if the existing AP expires in Sept.

The date on the I-94 is immaterial. It is NOT a new expiry date for the AP. The officer at the POE puts a stamp on the I-94 with one year from the date of entry. Has nothing to do with the expiry or start of the AP.

bm_2003

You are actually asking two questions. I know the answer to one, but not sure of the answer to the other:

1- Yes one can enter on AP as long as it before the expiry date. I remember reading about this on one of the Murthy chats.

2- Now, theoretically speaking one cannot leave the country while the AP is pending. But in your case, you already have a valid AP in hand (while the new one is pending), tough question for me, do not know the answer to this one.