Guru's have a Question regarding spouse's last name

Jaic

Registered Users (C)
Her GC was approved with her new last name. AP, EAD all show her new name, but the passport has her maiden name...is that an issue while stamping?
Can we change her name after stamping...we are trying to travel after a quick trip to India
I searched the forum didn't see any specific reply

I think that should be OK - I will carry a copy of marraige certificate while going for stamping just in case.

You would need to contact the Indian mission near you for name change in passport - should take only one day. This is just in case they don't want to stamp her passport.

NO Problem

My Boss has the same issue.
-His wife's Passport has maiden name
-Got their GC last Year. (married name)
-Travelled to India Last month. ( Air Ticket was in maiden name !)
-Re-entered with GC (at Miami). No Problem. No Questions asked by officer.

To be on a safer side,

go to indian consulate with the marriage certificate and get a new passport in the new name which will also have spouse's name added in the passort and a reference to the old passport.

Question: Last name change

We want to change my wife's last name from her maiden name to married name. Both of ours 485 application is still pending and her passport, EAD, AP and 485 application all have her maiden name. Can you guys tell what would be the best time and way to do the name change? Should we wait until the 485 is approved?

Thanks.

tester01

I would wait till 485 is approved - and then when you go for the stamping - ask them to send the card in her married name.

Meanwhile - change the passport/driving license if you get a chance to married name.

Re: Question: Last name change

Originally posted by tester01
We want to change my wife's last name from her maiden name to married name. Both of ours 485 application is still pending and her passport, EAD, AP and 485 application all have her maiden name. Can you guys tell what would be the best time and way to do the name change? Should we wait until the 485 is approved?

Thanks.

Today.

Change before I-485 approval, so it will be easy to get her GC with married name.

Re: Re: Question: Last name change

Originally posted by Edison
Today.

Change before I-485 approval, so it will be easy to get her GC with married name.

I have a similar situation.

How do you do the name change now when 485 is pending?Details please..