Gurus, Experts, Jaxen, please help

lemmistay

Registered Users (C)
Hi -
I have approved I-140, I-485 about to be applied. I have an opportunity to become a partner owner in the company that is sponsoring my immigration. Is this allowable under AC-21 after 6 months? The opportunity to become a partner was clearly outlined in my initial employment contract; my job duties would not change, and my salary would stay the same as well.
Thanks!!

was the LC also filed for a partner? See the basic argument about GC is that , you are promised a job, for which there is lots of demand and american citizens or permanent residents cannot be found to fill, and just because you agreed to fill it, US government decides to give you the GC. Never mind they make you undergo slavery, never mind it takes forever BCIS to adjudicate...

For GC purposes your title / paycheck salary has to be closer to what is offered in the LC and I140...
With EAD you can take up many other jobs- one of them can be a partner to any company.
However remember it is very difficult to convert an employment offer based GC application to a Entreprenural type of employment opportunity. The immigrant visa route is different for partners...