Gurus’ What type of I864 I need to file. I-864EZ or Just I-864- PLEASE CLARIFY -URGENT PLEASE.

sunnicool6

Registered Users (C)
Gurus’
What type of I864 I need to file. I-864EZ or Just I-864
Time to file Affidavit of support
Now I have to file affidavit of Support. Please clarify what type of I 864 I need to file.
Here is my case
My son is born out of wedlock and I didn’t know about his existence till I became the US citizen I came to US on H1 and then naturalized. After becoming US citizen I came to know my son’s existence and he got legitimated and I took care of him since then. His date of birth certificate and his educational records has my name as his father. Even DNA confirms that he is my son. Now he is fifteen years old.
Now filed I130 and it is approved and now I paid the application process fees and it is time to file the I 864 affidavit of support. My meet the poverty requirements.
Now my question is what type of I864 I need to file. I-864EZ or Just I-864.
Once my son’s interview is approved, on his arrival to US does he automatically become the US citizen, Can I apply for his passport?

Please clarify Guru

Thanks in Advance

The I-864EZ instructions have the qualifying conditions. If you don't qualify to file the I-864EZ, you'll need to file the I-864.

If in doubt, ask here for an explanation of what you specifically don't understand in the I-864EZ instructions. If still in doubt, file the I-864 because it is the standard for everybody whereas the I-864EZ is an optional replacement for the I-864, allowed only if you meet the EZ conditions.

Thanks Jackolantern. one more clarification please

Thanks Jackolantern
Does my son qualify for becoming US citizen upon his arrival to US once the interview is approved in India (consular processing) as i am US citizen naturalized and my son is 15 years old. Please clarify.

Yes, once he gets a green card while under 18 and is living with you in the US in your physical and legal custody, he would derive citizenship based on the Child Citizenship Act of 2000.