Guidance needed

IndiannurseUSA

Hello,
I have recently completed the ASN degree in Nursing. Like most people here, I need the green card petition to be filed by the employer or provide the supportive paper work. An employer has offered to do that for me. This employer is quite big and has multiple facilities in my state, some rehab. plus nursing homes and various hospitals.

The hospitals division do not support the GC applications but the "Rehab. and nursing homes" division does. However, they do require me to sign a two year contract in return to sponsoring the GC application (they also pay for the all filing expenses). They are paying me a competitive wage to start with. Has anybody on the board signed contracts like this ? Is it something I should not do ? One clause in the contract says that "I agree to stay with the employer and realize that they could move me to another facility where the the coverage is not sufficient" Is a statement like this usual or its placed there and could be used to exploit later on. Please share your opinions regarding such contracts. I have absolutely nobody to guide me and I desparately need people's opinions. Thanks.

Go for it

Hi, the little I know is that nothing is for free here in America. For any company to petition for you, you have to sign a contract with them for a period of time of which most do a 2 year contract. If there is one willing to petition the GC for you, I would say go for it. If you went through 2-3 years of nursing school, 2 yrs for a GC is nothing.

Read the penalty amount

Check the penalty amount if you don't fulfill the 2 year contract. Also, when it's time to apply for citizenship, some say these things also matter. Like if you left a company right after you got your GC will look suspicious... but these are hearsay not sure if its true.

Thanks

Thanks for your opinion people. The replies were indeed motivating. I posted my query on other boards too and replies scared me. The contract termination fee is $12K. Only thing that people said and that scares me is that if you sign a contart then they could send you or reassign you to any facility affiliated to the company if they fall short on people on that location. Same thing for the shift hours as well. The contarct includes statements to mention this stuff.

Are things like this true ? Do these nursing home people do that once you sign a contract even though you are hired as a full time employee for and by one particular facility. Any thoughts or opinion sharing would be highly appreciated. Thanks.