Guidance needed

anjuu

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,
I did my post graduation in pharmacy in QA and worked in regulatory dept for about a yr in India .After marraige i came to US.I am on H4 visa. I searched for some pharmacy related courses, but i didnt find it. I heard about pharmacy technician course .Is this course good for getting job?
I want to work here. I can try for another Visa if i am sure about getting job . What kind of job can I get here other than in Pharmacy becoz I heard that For working in pharmacy I have to give Exam Like FPGEE , TOEFL and TSE and some one yr internship. Also can someone please guide me on how to apply and prepare for above exams ? Can I give these exams online?
I will be highly thankfull if someone can guide me in this matter.

Thanks,
Prans

Pharmacist before 2002

Hi,
If you meet the following conditions then you can apply for FPGEE.

1.You should be graduated in india on or before Dec 2002 with Four year degree in pharmacy.
2. You should be a registered pharmacist in india.

If you meet these then you can apply for FPGEE. visit at http://www.nabp.net.

Pharmacy Technician can't be a pharmacy graduate. Any one who knows mathamatics. There is no specific eligibility requirement.

Once you pass FPGEE, TOEFL, TSE then you will need to contact the State board where you want to apply for licensure.

Hope this will help..

To Rajpal

Thanks Rajpal. I passed out in 2000 from India and I am registered pharmacist in maharashtra state. It seems I must try for TOEFL and TSE first to apply for FPGEE. Can you also tell me how much total time will require for completing these exams? andmeanwhile is there anyother job which I can do ?
Thanks again for your kind reply.

visa to take fpgee

Hi
I have approval to take fpgee in Dec 2004 but planning to take summer exam.
Please let me know can any co sponsor me to write exam or how I can get visa to take exam.
Thanks
Chetan

Time for FPGEC

Hi,
First Apply for FPGEE. It takes lot of time if you didn't fill application and enclose supporting docs properly.
Apply for FPGEE. In the mean time take TOEFL and TSE exams. I think from 2006 onwards There is no TSE exam, TSE is going to be included in TOEFL.

If every thing goes well, you will finish all exams in 1 year.

Rajpal

Rajpal

hi..
I called to NABP for application form. But they told me that if college will send all documents ..its preferable. I am little confused ..rite now i m in US...shall i need to send all photocopies of my docs to my collge..and then they will directly send it to authority? or i can just get college transcript from them or they can directly send it ..and remaining docs i will send allong with form..?
Also i have I have registration certificate with me..shd i ask maharashtra council to send another copy to authority or i can send it?
Also i m looking out for FPGEE preparatin material. If u have it i wd like tobuy it.

Thanks,

Required docs for FPGEE

You need following docs from concerned authority in sealed cover. Either it should be mailed to NABP directly by concerned authority, or send sealed covers along with your application.

1. Proof of degree from your college: Get a letter from College saying that you completed your pharmacy degree in the year XXXX. What is the curriculam i.e no.of years of degree etc. This should be on a college letter head, signed by principle. This letter should be sent to NABP either by you or by college. It should be in sealed envelop, along with college stamp on the cover.

2.Good conduct certificate(Proof of license) from Maharastra Pharmacy Council: Get a letter from your state pharmacy council, when did you register in the council and how is your conduct all these period. Again, this should be in council letter head and signed by register(concerned person). This letter should be sent to NABP either by you or by Pharmacy council. Again in sealed envelop with council stamp on the cover.

3. All your pharmacy degree transcripts: All your copies of pharmacy degree mark sheets signed by your principle or authorized person from college. Put them in a sealed envelop and stamp on the envelop.

Send all of the above along with your filled application form.

Raj

Hi Rajpal..
I have got approval from fpgec but how I can get visa to write the exam? I am outside US working in Oman.
Would embassy in Oman issue me a visa to take exam or not?
Please guide me.
Thanks

Getting VISA for FPGEE

Hi,
I am not sure of how to get visa.
But here is one way of getting it.
You need a sponsorship to visit USA and to write exam.
If you have any relatives then ask them for sponsership.
(This is just my opinio).

Rajpal.

HI rajpal..
Thnks for valuable info.
HOw NABP correlates all documents..if they r coming directly from authorities.Like if i will send my appplication to them and then my college and pharmacy council will send docs to them...am i need togive my application no to college and council?

Last edited by a moderator:
Send along with application

Hi,
Best thing is to send along with your application form.
We did the same way and got approval in less than 2 months.

BEST OF LUCK !!!!

Rajpal,

Thanks a lot Rajpal.
U wrote , if we send docs with form from ourside ..sooner we'll get approval. But some people says..if directly authorities will send ..faster approval.I want to apply for summer 2005 exam.What is the best option for me?
Can u suggest me what study material i shd use for preparation of FPGEE?
Thanks a lot again for ur help