Guess I am very lucky

oocyte

Registered Users (C)
My wife and My 485 NIW were filed on Oct, 01, 2002.
RD: 10/03/02
ND: 10/04/02

FP notice received on ~10/22, FP appointment in next week.

Guess we are very lucky. How long will it take to get it approved?
1-5 months or 1-2 years?

congratulation

yes, you are lucky. expect to see the approval within 2 month or less, i'd say.
man, a lot of 2001 filers are still waiting...
pray, pray, pray,:D
RD 12/2001

FP has nothing to do with AD

My RD was 12/99
Recievied FP notice on 01/00 ( within 3 weeks)
Second FP on 12/01
Finnally Approved on 05/02

I am confused.

I saw so many posts complains about the radom FP notice of I-485 in TSC and thought somehow early FP means fast approval. Guess I am wrong. OK, Be patient and keep waiting.

BTW, Why need 2nd FP? What is wrong with the first one?

Agree with sbalajis.

I too have seen that very early FP's do not correlate with early GC's, unless you are in a place like Calif where GC's are being approved in5 to 6 month's.

Though FP and case approval are not directly related, Texas is altogether different animal. SInce FP is only valid for 15 months the Texas guy is sending FP notice only before he is ready to approve the case(90% of the time). As such in Texas, 2002 filers whoever got FP notices within 1-2 months of filing got their approal in the next 1-2 months. SO u can expect ur approval by January unless Texas SC reforms itself and does the process normally rather than randaomly which it is currently doing.

Thanks for your information. I also know one case approved in ~5 months. I hope our cases will be approved next year. I do not care early or later. But, please, approve them in 15 months, do not make us do 2nd FP.

After studied other cases listed in the tracker. I think that the chance of approval in next 3 months in 30%, faster than usual, barely any chance in 3-6 months, 40% of chance in 6-12 month, which is normal in Texas nowdays. 30% is more than 1 year.

I am not that anxious because I do not plan to change jobs next year and there is no risk of laying off. It is a low pay job though.
Let's wait and see.

I found that somebody added my information to the tracker, the following is the accurate information, hope it is useful to others.

PD : no idea

TSC
I-140, NIW

Notice date: 02/26/02
RTF 05/15/02
Evidences received: 07/11/02
Approved: 09/06/02

My I-485, My wife's I-485, I-765

Sent out: 10/01/02
Notice date: 10/04/02
FP notice date: 10/17/02
FP date: 11/16/02