guess how much USCIS pays FBI per name check request ?

How much would you pay FBI to complete your name check in 1 week ?

• Total voters

NYImmigrant

Registered Users (C)
Well I don't know for today... but in 2004, the going rate was $4/application

FBI name check: This partially automated, name-based check searches over 86 million files documenting people who are the main subject or referenced in an FBI investigation. USCIS electronically submits applicant names to the FBI National Name Check Program for benefits such as naturalization, permanent residence, and asylum. The legacy INS queried the main files since 1985 but added reference files to security checks in 2002. USCIS submitted 1.5 million names at a cost of $6.0 million in FY 2004.

Source: http://www.dhs.gov/xoig/assets/mgmtrpts/OIG_06-06_Nov05.pdf

How much would you pay FBI to complete your name check in 1 week ? Lets start the bidding.

Time to move this to premium processing with name check expiring every year. But remember to have a secretary(or a knowledgeable spouse) to followup with senators, congressmen, send emails, faxes. Oh, I forgot, ton load of stationary too.

157 views and 6 votes ?

157 views and 6 votes ? I am getting a feeling that not many either have reached the 485 phase or are not stuck in the name check mess.

For the guys stuck in the name check, I polled on two options:
1. Loss of opportunities + multiple EADs/APs + lawyer fees + WOM if needed
2. Pay slightly more to the FBI for the name check so that they can invest more resources to speed up the name check process. This in tern actually helps national security by not allowing 85,000+ people stay in the country without the security clearance.

Let me know your thoughts on this ?