gsk, I have a question for you

KingA

Registered Users (C)
You said you replied to RFE and AVM got updated. When did you reply to RFE and when did AVM get updated?
I\'m in the same boat so I\'m trying to get an idea of when to expect AVM to be updated. Still waiting for my turn...
Thanks.

No Title

what was your RFE for?

I got RFE for amended I-140 and I have not received my WAC# yet for amended I-140.

No Title

Earlier posts on this board indicated that the AVM got updated about a month after they sent the response to RFE.

However, another factor that you may want to consider is a recent post here that CSC has officially notified that there will be big delays in incoming mail processing because of LIFE Act filings - which all adds up to a pretty pessimistic outlook.

I have an RFE too - sent by CSC on May 25, received and responded today - although my RFE is for an unusual reason - I had previously surrendered my green card and this is my second green card application - they want a copy of the form I got when I surrendered the earlier one, they seem to have misplaced the copy that I sent with the 485 petition.

No Title

Hi spancha,
I dint know that you can surrender and then apply for the AC again!
Is it a difficult process or straight forward ?
Also, if you dot mind can I ask why you surrendered the first AC ?
were you told to surrender or is it voluntary ?

Thanks
  -vk100

No Title

sorry,
It should be didn\'t instead of dint, dont instead of dot & GC instead of AC in the previous mail.

The spell checker caught me!

No Title

It\'s a long and complicated story. Hopefully, it will be useful to somebody on this board - so here goes ...

I got my GC first in 1990, then got caught in the last great recession (it\'s scary how similiar the conditions nowadays are to those times!), and then went back to India, which is where I come from. Meanwhile, I got married - and spent the next several years shuttling between the US and India - unfortunately, my wife and son got onto the long wait because I had sponsored them - so I had to spend part of the year here alone and part of the year with them in India, and later, Australia where I moved. Also, there was the constant tension about making sure that I visited here at least once a year, and being afraid of what the INS would do every time I entered.

In 1999, I lost patience and surrendered my GC and came with my family to the US on a H1, which I later converted to an L1. Surrendering the GC itself is a straightforward process - I was living in Australia at that time - so I went to the US consulate in Melbourne, filled out a simple form and gave them my GC. They basically ask you several times whether you are sure about wanting to do it - I suppose to satisfy themselves that I was not out of my mind :) - and then give you back the form with a photocopy of the GC on it. They issued me the H1 visa simultaneously.

No Title

Hi King A,

I replied RFE on Feb12th and the AVM got updated on Mar 5th.
I am still waiting for the approval, BTW my PD became current
on June 1st..

Let me know if you need any more info..
gsk

No Title

Thanks, gsk.
It looks like it will take them a long time to get to RFE cases, it took them almost 2 1/2 months just to update AVM. I hope they work faster. Good-luck to you... Keep us posted please. Thanks.