Greencard stamping experience

GC_VSC_waiting

Registered Users (C)
We went to Newark, NJ center. It was a breeze. The time on our letter was Wednesday from 8 am to 12 noon (no dates were provided). We reached INS center on Wednesday at 7:45 am and we were out at 9:45 am. No questions asked.

Good luck everyone.

Hi GC_VSC_WAITING

1) After getting your approval, how long it took to receive your "Approval Letter" ?

2) What are the documents to be submitted for stamping?

Could you pl. let us know.

Regards

1) After getting your approval, how long it took to receive your "Approval Letter" ?

Approval letter came in 10 days. We checked on the website on June 3 where we got to know the status, the GC was approved on May 30.

The letter said 2 photos each, I-94, passport and the notice itself. In addition, the officer asked for my spouse's EAD card. We took everything (advanced parole etc) with us.

The officer told us our card will take anywhere between 6 to 9 months.. who knows :)

They told me the card will take 1 year because of backlog. However, after stamping my passport, the card was ordered after 5 weeks and we got the physical card after 11 days.....

They just tell people to wait a long time, so that folks dont bother them with questions...

Originally posted by GC_VSC_waiting

Approval letter came in 10 days. We checked on the website on June 3 where we got to know the status, the GC was approved on May 30.

The letter said 2 photos each, I-94, passport and the notice itself. In addition, the officer asked for my spouse's EAD card. We took everything (advanced parole etc) with us.

The officer told us our card will take anywhere between 6 to 9 months.. who knows :)

Can you tell exactly what kind of photos? just regular passport photos or immigration ones? Thx.