Greencard Interview

charlottecouple

Hello everyone,
kind of lost with my situation the appointment is very soon which is great.

came to UD on F1 on 2000,
married in may 2004 to USC
due to financial dint file for i485 and etc right away
fille din sept 2005
got EAd and travel in 90 days
recieved an i485 interview letter mid feb for end of march in charlotte
interview is within 7 months of filling - why did it come that eary?
is it just an pre-interview or this is the real final interview?
can we just talke tax returns and not take w2's since most of out income its self employed.
any suggestions for the interview would be appreiciated?

There are so many people who wish to have the inteview notice as early as possible. The interview notice is received when it is your time to received it and is mandate by your District Office. Is not an indicative about good or bad things in your case.

The interview in marriage based is the last step of the adjustment of status process so be prepared. And yes is the "real" one.

There is a well made threat (thanks to our memeber Ari4u) in this forum about interview experiences that with a good search you will find it, you even can make a search through his name and find his last posts and that threat will come up. In it you will find all the documents and information that you could/should bring to the interview. There are other threads as well about the supportive documents.

Good luck,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone!

My husband and I have just been at my green card interview and at the end of it, our case was approved and the officer told us that my green card was going to come in ten days in the mail and we were so happy when we heard that, you can imagine.
But surprise: yesterday I got in the mail a letter fo me(I thought initially that it was my welcome letter or my green card) and when I opened it, it was an invitation for biometrics code 2 for my I-485 application, and that will be in a month.
What is biometrics code 2? And why were we told at the interview that I was going to get my green card in ten days?! I also must tell you that I had biometrics, for my EAD, last year, at the same office. Don't they know about each other? They are at the same office. And again: why was I told that my green card was going to come in ten days? And why did I receive this letter now, with biometrics code 2?! :confused: Please, help me with some answers, I am a little confused. Thank you so much.

did u ever do bio for ur i 485 maybe u only did bio for i765 and not for 485 thats why they want u to do it now or maybe they expired if u did it more then a year ago then they want u to do it again no big deal, ? did u get a stamp in ur passport when u went to ur interivew or no, goodluck.

No, I did not get a stamp in my passport after the interview, I was only told that we passed the interview successfully and that my green card was going to come in ten days.
And yes, I already had my fingerprints done for I-485 in January this year, and for my EAD I had the biometrics done in June last year, so it has not been even a year since I had them for my EAD. So again, why are they asking to take my biometrics for my I-485, if they already have them from my EAD? And why did the officer at the interview told me something different? Thank you.

Try to go to your district office and get the passport stamp. In the other hand if they refuse to do it, ask to them if there is a problem with your biometrics and FP's.

Last edited by a moderator:
well sometimes there is problem with the fingerprints they may not have been able to capture all or bad prints it could be many number of different things its nothing unusual many people have to do their fingerprints more then once so dont worry just go to your local asc and have ur prints done and before u know it u will get ur card i know of this another case she was from the same DO as mine and she had to do hers again too and after she did that she got her card after a few days.

Thank you for your answers. I guess I will have to go to have my I-485 biometrics taken, and I hope that they will send my card soon. I still don't understand why the officer at the interview told me that I would get my card in ten days. :confused: Maybe one of you guys knows something. I know that biometrics and fingerprints are two different things, but still, they had my biometrics that they took from me for my EAD, last June. Again, why in the world was I told that I was going to have my green card in ten days after the interview? And something else: should I receive in the mail other things: like a welcome letter or an approval letter? Thank you.