Green Card

NJMP

Registered Users (C)
Hey Folks!

I have very interesting case.
My son's I485 case was approved on Dec-31, '03.
PP Stampped on Jan-14, 2004.

Today I checked online status, and found following notice.

"Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on February 6, 2004. To update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

We have not changed address since I485 aplication.
Interestingly, I found that "india-usa" also received same notice from USCIS.

Is this resulting from another computer system bug?

Yes, still it is showing same message. I called to INS customer service, they verified address and everything. but there is no change.
Did you receive welcome letter? I called my lawyer, still they didn't know about my GC approval. They did not receive any letter from INS. I think they will receive curtesy copy. may be curtesy copy is returned to INS.

Did you call to ur lawyer?

NJMP

All my family also has the message like you but I changed my address and submitted AR-11 before my I-485 approval and after BCIS approving my I-485 On Jan 28 2004 we all recieved our I-485 approval notices to our new ADDRESSES and got our passports stamped.

"Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on February 13, 2004. To update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

We have not changed address since I485 aplication.
Interestingly, I found that "india-usa" also received same notice from USCIS.

Looks like this another bug in BCIS system

Yes. My lawyer also changed address.

It shouldn't be affected on processing of green card.
Am I right?

Thank you.

Relax folks

Check with your attorney and see if your corporate address is changed. This might be the case where you have not changed your address but your employer. In these cases you get your courtesy approval but your attorney has not recieved approval letter because of corporate address change.

Hope this helps!

Chronical

This is just my assumption not an advise.

That is the reason, they got their mail returned !! Call your lawyer and ask them to update their address at CIS.

I do not think it will affect you relating to your physical card but why to take chances if you could make the things straight !!

All the best !!

Originally posted by india-usa
cmacti

I think my lawyer changed their address. Just now checked online their site it is showing new address.

Are you talking about BCIS web site or some thing else?

I mean that lawyer needs to call Service center and update their address in your application !!

I think, just let your lawyer know they would take care of this .