Green card to Parents

baby_mde

Registered Users (C)
One of my friends became US citizenship in August 2007. When can he sponsor green card to his parents? And how much time will it take to get green card after he start processing.

A U.S. citizen who is 21 years or older is eligible to petition for his/her parents to come permanently to the United States.

Your friend can file form I-130 with the local USCIS office, which will eventually be sent for consular processing, if the parents are abroad. However if they are currently in the U.S., then one can file Forms I-130/I-485 locally at the same time and obtain permanent residence from within the U.S.

Please go to http://www.uscis.gov and do a search for "Form I-130" or "Petition for Alien Relative", and you can read more about this procedure.

Hi there,
I just became a US citizen 2 weeks ago, and my child is Canidian citizen.
I need to know how can I apply for my child to be US citizen and what kind of process I need and can I do it here at the US Embassy?
Thanks

Hi there,
I need to know how can I apply for my child to be US citizen and what kind of process I need and can I do it here at the US Embassy?
Thanks

It depends. There are some requirements that need to be satisfied.

If your child is under the age of 18 and you and your child are physically present in the US at this time, then your child could automatically be a US citizen. You may have to file form N-600.

For further details go to: http://www.uscis.gov/ and search for "N-600" or "Child Citizenship Act"

If your child held LPR status the day you took your oath, he/she became a citizen too.

Hi there,
Thanks

How long will it take these days for Parents to get greencards from new citizen children ?
thanks
/r

my friend does not work but his wife works. Can he sponser his parents?

They have 3 kids and $4000 mortgage to pay every month. The income to the family is only through her wife. Still can he sponser his parents?

my friend does not work but his wife works. Can he sponser his parents?

They have 3 kids and $4000 mortgage to pay every month. The income to the family is only through her wife. Still can he sponser his parents?