green card through marriage

abrego

My husband just became a US citizen, so we want to start with my adjustment of status, we have been married for 6 years, we have 2 kids together, there are only a couple of things I am worried about
1. I was arrested 7 years ago for underage drinking. I went to court, pled guilty and paid the fine and did the classes they required
2. My husband is 15 years older than me
We are afraid that they would deny my green card because of those 2 reasons and I will end up being separated from my family, how hard is my case? Do I have any chances at all?

I don't think that you need to worry about the age issue. USCIS is more concern that the marriage was entered into for good faith and not for an immigration benefit. The fact that you have been married to your spouse for 6 years before applying and that you have 2 kids will help your case.

In terms of the underage drinking charge. Part 3 (Processing Information), Section 1, Question B states: Been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, excluding traffic violations? To be faithful you will have to mark yes for that question. However, the instructions for this section state if you answer yes to any question to explain on a separate piece of paper (continuation pages). Documentation might be needed (such as paperwork from the court), but by answering yes then it doesn't automatically disqualify you. Make sure you read page 3 of the instructions regarding how they want you to setup continuation pages.