Green card through Marriage

oxxken

Registered Users (C)
Am a F1 student and just about to finish up with my degree. I met a girl (US Citizen) and now we love each other. We plan to get married, my only worry is that she is 17 years older than me. Is possible for me to marry her and change my status, will the take our marriage as a bonafide marriage.

Am a F1 student and just about to finish up with my degree. I met a girl (US Citizen) and now we love each other. We plan to get married, my only worry is that she is 17 years older than me. Is possible for me to marry her and change my status, will the take our marriage as a bonafide marriage.

Waaaaaaw but Some thing you need to think......race and age always red flag. you can but just ...........to prove them the marriage base of love

Good luck

Age difference is one of the many factors USCIS officer consider in determining if the marriage is bonafide. If you decide to marry for the sake of marrying, then marry and give the immigration a shot. Gather as much evidence as you can.

Why don't you pursue the OPT route first? If you are successful, you could still marry her and possibly file after a significant amount of time has passed so it looks less suspicious.

To be honest - here's what I know - I know this guy who was on F1, did OPT and lost job and after exhausting all other options, he married a lady who is 17 years older than him, and has 3 kids. I have first hand proof (this guy doesn't know) that he married for the SOLE PURPOSE of getting LPR, I think even the lady knows about it. They don't even live in the same city. I was 100% sure the visa petition would be denied. To my surprise, he was approved after the first interview.

So, who knows.