Green card though marriage or company?

Raven-lewis

Hello,
I'm a US Citizen. I'm applying Green card for my spouse in few weeks. Her situation is that the company she is working is willing to apply GC for her. They have already applied labor certificate last year and has been approved. My question is which will be a better option for her. Is it better and faster through Marriage or through her company. Also will there by any problem later if we go through both process now. Please advice on whats the ideal process to follow.

Thank you for your advice.

You can apply for both and do whichever comes up first.
If she has been married less than 2 years to you when she adjusts status based on marriage, she will have to undergo removal of conditions after 2 years of getting her green card which will be an extra process/burden that an employment-based green card will not have.

Employer based timelines depends to an extent on her country of citizenship, and her EB (1-3?) category.

Spousal is usually faster compared to employment, but as noted above, an approval with under 2 years of marriage has the added burden of ROC 2 years after the green card.

Yeah I don’t know enough about employment based to comment on timelines, the few people I know who have done it have been pretty fast but I heard others can take years.

Thank you for all your responses. Do u recommended for both-Marriage based and Employment-based application for Green card concurrently or just go with Marriage-based process?

Last edited: