Green Card - tax filing error!!! Desperate help please!!!

asyleeeeeeeee

Registered Users (C)
Hello1!

I'm a resident of California who didnot file for tax return of my income in a different state! Do you think this will land me in trouble for my pending I-485?!?

plz help. someone told me my application will be denied.

any experiences?

I dont think there will be an issue with your pending I-485, but you might get in trouble with the IRS if you dont file taxes for the other state that you lived or worked in.

File your taxes with IRS for the other state before the IRS catches up to you.

Ed

thx for your suggestiions, any more?

i checked in trackitt and i saw many cases ( i 485 based on family ) who got sent request for evidence for tax ( like tax record missing for a certain year, proof of tax filing etc ) and i cant afford a lawyer right now after getting laid off.

plz help me someone.

Well if you earn below the filing requirement (about $9000/year), you are not required to file Federal tax return

Did your employer withold some of your salaries for tax, Medicare and SS purposes? It is possible that even if you make $14 k, you don't owe any taxes provided you qualify for additional deductions like claiming dependents and etc. Anyway, if you do owe taxes to IRS, you will need to pay some penalty and fines at most, and in my opinion, it has nothing to do with your GC application especially since the back taxes is so trivial. Don't worry. File your tax return with IRS and you will be just fine

ty asylum.

i didnt file my taxes because turbotax showed i had to pay 800 and i couldnt afford to pay it. i only had to pay 140 for california tax so i only filed for california's tax.

any other opinion please?

All i'm talking before is FEDERAL tax return and NOT State and Local tax. Have u filed Federal tax return?

no i didnt file for any taxes for the other state. i deleted the filing for that state midway through and only filed for the taxes in cali.

I always thought that tax filing and GC decision were interrelated.

ty asylum.

i didnt file my taxes because turbotax showed i had to pay 800 and i couldnt afford to pay it. i only had to pay 140 for california tax so i only filed for california's tax.

any other opinion please?

So you decided to violate tax laws because you did not have the money to pay what was due. Really dumb idea! File and pay penalties; most states have ways to arrange payments.

Yes Einstein, I made a mistake. That's the reason why I'm here. I'm not here to be judged by idiots like you. I'm here, seeking ways to amend my error and to know if my mistake will have any impact on my pending case.

If you don't have any decent reply, please don't bother.

Again, I made a mistake, I'm aware of it but I'm not here to be judged.