Green Card story- could make a soap opera out of it!

DesiInDistress

Registered Users (C)
I just read some where that it took 14 months from Labor to I-485 approval for someone!! Me and my luck- I\'ve been waiting for a decision on I-485 still! I did my undergraduate studies here in the USA and graduated waaaaaaay back in \'93. I just didn\'t do Master\'s- a bad choice, I\'ll explain why. My very first application for a GC started in another state where I had Labor certification filed for me.. that was waaaaaaaay back in Jan\'96! Lawyers there were taking forever so I got frustrated and changed job/state! This time my processing started waaaaaaaay back in Feb\'98, once again in EB3 category for India! Another bad choice- now I\'m in California where INS takes longer than my dog\'s life-time to do anything! Ironically within 4 months of starting my labor (RIR), I already had 5 years of progressive experience out of school and I was eligible to file in EB2 category waaaaaaay back in Jul\'98!! BUT my incompetent lawyer said that I couldn\'t use work experience at my current company towards 5 years of "progressive experience" so that\'s when I once again started getting screwed! royally! Well my current EB3 filing has kept going on and on and on and on.. longer than that gawd damn energizer bunny! Due to lawyer\'s f\' up, I didn\'t get my I-140 approved in time and missed "current" visa numbers to apply for I-485 till last year in June. Me and my luck- that I now see lot of people who applied loooooooooong after me who are getting approved left and right.. and I\'m still sitting here picking my ass, waiting for a gawd damn approval. Sounding frustrated/bitter/pissed off/angry/furious/numb? most definitely am. And then I see some "great souls" on this board who had their GC approved advising others to "do something" to change this system so that its not as difficult for others in future!! As if I haven\'t wasted enough of my life in stress caused by my dealing with INS all these years- that I keep doing it rest of my life? No sir! All I\'ve got to say is- Get a life (or at least try to get one) before your end finds you dumb-founded! I most definitely know that I won\'t have any feeling of joy when I get this lousy GC (assuming that I ever get it), let alone me be happy for others who are getting it. I\'m just too tired of it to find it worth joyful about! I know all this is a bitter thought process my fellow suckers, but its alllll true.
My advice- Get the damn card any which way you can to escape a very depressing life. It aint worth being so "right". Its amazing that Uncle Sam rather hand out Green cards to some fresh-off-da-boat, wife-degrading clown than individuals like myself who have already contributed to this society- not just with our talents, but also with fat taxes coming outta our pockets for so many years!!.. and ofcourse- contributed awareness of different cultures and different worlds!
Oh well. Life Stinks.. Well that\'s my problem, not yours!

Iam in the same boat bro

I also only did undergrad and finished it way back in 1993. I am still waiting for goddamned GC. The latest mistake I made was going for AOS instead of CP as my pregnant couldn\'t travel then. At this point all I want is a decision. Wether I have GC or don\'t This way I know my options.

Same here maaan

Though had 5 yrs experience applied under EB3 India in June 1998 as suggested by my company . Secondly my ignorance regarding CP at I140 stage , made me go for AOS which infact has helped me now as my H1 expired and i am using my EAD . Looking at my PD which obviously makes no sense now , there are only a handful of people left with such early PDs . Life Sucks ! The best part is i am not out of a job and have a good contract .

DesiInDistress - I liiiiiiiiiike your Sense of Humour.

Despite all the stress you are passing through you kept your humour intact. Keep it up and that is what is more important.
There are people who are worse off.We should draw solace from them. After all the waiting like you and me they got laid off and had to start all over again.

GC makes sense only when we get when we are young so that we can do something with our careers. Thanks to INS they give the card after killing all our spirit and get Old enough that our teeth fall off.

Finally like krishna said \' Do your duty and not expect results\'.
Maybe he was talking about INS only.

But I am sure u will be rewarded soon

desiindistress - you r from june rd batch and u have done fp in dec 2001 and your avm says resumed - have seen all this from pcee\'s spreadshet.

Approval is just around the corner

Hang in there

I am sure u r checking the recent approvals thread and have seen that april and may rds are getting approval - Just a few days more and june rd\'s should be starting

Start cooling the champagne - :)

No Title

my PD was (labor filed) Dec. 4, 2000
and 485 AD was Feb. 7 , 2002 (1 yr. 2 months)
so i was one of the lucky persons.
However, I should have started GC process long back (in mid 99), but was kind of very lazy...

well jony

what can i say ? i wish i was lazy like you to delay the process
but nobody predicted about the immigration law changes that happened after 1999 esp removal of per country quota which benefitted many
indian / chinese nationals which were backlogged .

No Title

DesilnDistress,

As rsrgc wrote you should get your approval any time now, or at most few days away. I wish you goodluck.

-PCee

Desi don\'t be so distressed. You will get your GC!

Hi DesiInDistress,

Just by going to school here in US does not make you any different from a guy who who has not done that. I am quoting what you said

"Its amazing that Uncle Sam rather hand out Green cards to some fresh-off-da-boat, wife-degrading clown than individuals like myself who have already contributed to this society- not just with our talents, but also with fat taxes coming outta our pockets for so many years!!.."

Degrading wife has nothing to do with not going to school in US. There are people who are born and brought up here who degrade wives. There was this American born famous Indian Doctor who married a girl from India and was arrested in India because of torturing his wife. And people who do not go to school in US are not \'clowns from India\'. You were certainly not a clown before going to school here, were you?
Fresh-off-da-boat guys are also paying taxes for many years.

I can understand your frustration in not getting your GC and others who filed after you walking away with approvals. But please do not vent your feelings like this. You will get your GC in pretty soon. Afterwards it becomes just another card and already you are feeling that it does not matter any more.

Wishing you all the best and an early approval.

One more with you. Started waaaaaay back in 1995....

I\'ll post my story when the approval comes. The entire file is in the hands of an officer, I know this because they found my wife medical had one little sqaure not crossed off by the doctor (baaaaack 12 months ago) and the son paseed t he 14 years mark and needed his own G-325A. Keep hoping, there\'s always an happying ending :) .....but it\'s damn hard keep up with this stress.

Good luck

No body had a gun to your head I suppose

Friend,

I am also in the same boat as u r. I find happiness when I think that I dont have a gun to my head that says I will be shot if I dont get the GC. It was my choice, I can always live if I can\'t put up with this anymore. Life on earth has never been fair and will never be. I have a friend who got his approval yesterday, he applied in March 2001 and got all the stuff done in less than 11 months.

bye man keep a cool head